Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Race Report: 4 Peaks Race ~ Why Visit Lamma? ~ Missing woman falls & dies
  WHAT'S ON?    LNY lunch for Elderlies ~ Lamma Waste no mall ~ Lamma Dragons Newbie Day
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Nick the YouTube Star ~ LNY @ Tin Hau Temple ~ Rooster Dragon or Mutant Turkey 

It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:58 am 
over 600 messages posted
over 600 messages posted

ewald wrote:

the Police coordinated an operation with 15 Ships and started yesterday at 9 in the Morning at the Power Station Beach so they must have found something

Just a regular emergency drill. They had had a 'rehearsal' the month before. This time was the real drill with Marine Staff and lots of volunteers from the Education Department.

A wonderful man by the name of Stephen Wong from the Marine Department told me what they were doing, and we chatted for quite a while. I asked him if they would actually 'spread' any real oil or toxins to test and do the drill properly and he laughed and said 'NO' ... they definitely don't do this.

He aslo explained about the algae, and all the different types that there are. I told him my concern about the 'yellowy foamy sludge' sometimes appreared and I thought it was from a ship emptying out it's bilge. He said this wasn't the case as ships are not allowed to do this (at this I laughed), but he said it too was an algae which is not dangerous. To find out.. rub a little between your fingers and it will smell of dead fish.

We chatted for around 20 minutes. He was very informative, and I was well impressed with him and the whole procedure, and also with the Marine Department, as they are also taking note of the damage that will be done on South Lamma is the Baroque goes ahead!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:50 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Tigger wrote:
Just a regular emergency drill. They had had a 'rehearsal' the month before. This time was the real drill with Marine Staff and lots of volunteers from the Education Department.

Thanks for your Post

the Police have been back on Friday 18th with the boat" Police 64" and divers picking up the frogman's at 16;45
at 17;34 Police 57 arrived with frogman's from the Macao direction

Yesterday 20th
"Police 6" checked the area from 17;00 to 17;48

to me clearly they know or suspect something

Tigger wrote:
A wonderful man by the name of Stephen Wong from the Marine Department told me what they were doing, [......]and also with the Marine Department, as they are also taking note of the damage that will be done on South Lamma is the Baroque goes ahead!

the department concerned regarding the Baroque should be the Agricultural, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD)
already the finding of only one specie each by the Marine Department observing the seabed,as revealed in the article in the SCMP should make one suspicious. I think its a fake,they found nothing as the water is already too dirty .....

Great thank's to the Police in Hong Kong ,they work already like the Peoples Liberation Army of China in the interest of the people only!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:09 pm 
over 800 messages posted
over 800 messages posted

ewald wrote:
Great thank's to the Police in Hong Kong ,they work already like the Peoples Liberation Army of China in the interest of the people only!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:02 pm 
Official Court Village Fool

Great thank's to the Police in Hong Kong ,they work already like the Peoples Liberation Army of China in the interest of the people only![/quote]

PLA= Poo-poo- Leaves A= (posterior).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

My reliable Informant told me on Saturday, the Water was contaminated by the
SAMHO DREAMS
they all know it,but they don't do anything because Germany where the owner is a big number,is a good Country

http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/S ... 35737.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:28 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Crude oil and petroleum products marine vessels regulations

http://www.ilo.org/safework_bookshelf/e ... =857171254

I am sure we are not getting all the information required regarding the unloading of crude oil from Supertanker to smaller vessels.
There is a whitewash going on here so people on Lamma don't see what is relay going on.
Only after I wrote my suspicions about the Samho Dreams on Monday,this morning at 8:00 the area was cleared of small Tankers and 3 Ships with Coal on board an extremely good visible from the shores where placed right in front of the Samho Dreams.

Soon I start laughing about this whitewash and all against the Baroque Project are playing into the Hands of the people who don't care about the environment,they destroy it and claim they want a peaceful life on Lamma.
What a bunch of jokers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:13 pm 
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted

Are you seriously suggesting that as you posted your suspicion on this forum the authorities have taken action to hide the boat you are accusing of dumping waste?

Sounds very logical...for a nut job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:48 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

ewald wrote:

I am sure we are not getting all the information required regarding the unloading of crude oil from Supertanker to smaller vessels.

They don't unload crude oil in HK and no supertankers come here for the simple reason there is no refinery.

Dream on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:17 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

SSL956 wrote:
Are you seriously suggesting that as you posted your suspicion on this forum the authorities have taken action to hide the boat you are accusing of dumping waste?

Sounds very logical...for a nut job.

yesterday I asked an ex employee of the marine and fishery department what the Somha Dream is doing out in the bay-his answer was -delivering coal-
then I gave him my binoculars and he could see its a Crude Oil Supertanker as in my link.
This morning if you went to the beach at the power station there where 3 coal boats moored in front of the Samho Dream

That's what I am saying and you can proof it by looking at satellite pictures

BTW you can also ask the Lifeguards at the beach about what the Samho Dream is doing,yesterday there answer was delivering coal to the power station

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:29 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

poilkoop wrote:
ewald wrote:

They don't unload crude oil in HK and no supertankers come here for the simple reason there is no refinery.

Dream on

So what do you think about 15-20 small Tanker are doing around the Samho Dream in the Bay of Hung Shin Yeh Beach
http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/S ... 35737.html

Some Names of the smaller Tanker are:
Coloane
Ocean Dragon 338
Arcaun
Pacific Prosperity(or Prospect)
Kai Tak

and now if your not dreaming get out there and see for yourself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:09 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

Bunker Oil most likely

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:41 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

The Power Station actually uses a considerable amount of heavy oil (bunker oil?) - from their Sustainability Report:

"Oil firing will only be used for start-up, shutdown or flame stabilization at low loads."
They're currently "...switching the boiler start-up fuel of six coal-fired generating units from heavy fuel oil to ultra low sulphur diesel (ULSD)."

They've also been reducing the amount of coal & oil (99,000 TJ in 2008 to 81,000 TJ in 2010) and more than doubled the amount of gas being used (31,000 TJ in 2010, 14,000 TJ in 2008).

"Fuel oil is mainly used for starting and flame stabilisation of coal fired units and hence, specific breakdown for fuel oil is not given."

So this supertanker is likely delivering heavy oil and/or ultra low sulphur diesel to the Power Station for burning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:59 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Lamma-Gung wrote:
So this supertanker is likely delivering heavy oil and/or ultra low sulphur diesel to the Power Station for burning?

Not one of the smaller Tanker loading whatever Crude Oils, I saw actually deliver to the Power Station on Lamma......

Its also not important,important is the fact that something against the environment was going on out there and all looked the ather way! The Power Stations live time is shortened by new inventions in solar energy anyway

Advanced Master Data for the vessel SAMHO DREAM are all as you can see in my link whipped out
Further the Samho Dream changed position this morning,turned 180 Degrees by moving further out from Ta Mei Wan,it looks as somone is reading here what I write and reporting it to them and they got cold Feet,perhaps they are leaving.
But there are more big Tanker out there,one the night before behind Mount Stenhouse near Turtle Bay loading whatever Liquid to tree smaller Tanker.

As all who can read this Forum can see, phony environmental Groups on Lamma are undermining and misleading the course to gett a cleaner safer and ecological sustainable environment on Lamma.
Therefore its Time to get someone strong and ecological committed like Agile to invest on Lamma to help make Lamma cleaner and keep it's sustainability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:05 am 
over 800 messages posted
over 800 messages posted

ewald wrote:
Lamma-Gung wrote:
... it looks as somone is reading here what I write and reporting it to them and they got cold Feet,perhaps they are leaving ...

ewald, you need help. I can recommend a good psychiatrist - just pm me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:24 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Marc Antony wrote:
ewald wrote:
Lamma-Gung wrote:
... it looks as somone is reading here what I write and reporting it to them and they got cold Feet,perhaps they are leaving ...

ewald, you need help. I can recommend a good psychiatrist - just pm me.

Thanks ,I am not a Dog owner!

But I know what I need; Good Equipment to trace this environmental Gangsters.
Perhaps German Fern glasses with original Zeiss Lenses nobody else on Earth can make better ones .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:16 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

poilkoop wrote:
ewald wrote:

Dream on

Yesterday afternoon was the third Supertanker unloading Oil (or other liquid) behind Mount Stenhouse near Turtle Bay and in the Evening of Saturday right after the FD went home at 18:00 came a Supertanker unloading to 3 smaller Tanker......
You must like your misinformation,perhaps you are from the Department of Misinformation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:58 am 
over 600 messages posted
over 600 messages posted

Ewald & co, if you look at page 1 of today's Business Post, you'll see that the (empty) Samho Dream is moored south of Lamma pending it's enforced sale by the Admiralty Court due to the owner's non-payment of bank loans. She belonged to a Korean shipping Co (Samho Shipping), which went bankrupt after the Samho Dream and her crew were hijacked and held for a ransom of $US9 million by Somali pirates for 7 months.

See, no conspiracy, just piracy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:23 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Foxy wrote:
Ewald & co, if you look at page 1 of today's Business Post, you'll see that the (empty) Samho Dream is moored south of Lamma pending it's enforced sale by the Admiralty Court due to the owner's non-payment of bank loans. She belonged to a Korean shipping Co (Samho Shipping), which went bankrupt after the Samho Dream and her crew were hijacked and held for a ransom of $US9 million by Somali pirates for 7 months.

See, no conspiracy, just piracy

So that's perhaps what it was,I red the Artikle in the busines section of the SCMP.They have no Money and cleaned the tanks where they more.The Fishery Department could check that with a DNA test,sending both samples of Seewater and Tank to the Marine Department of Qingdao.They do this tests permanently in China.

There is a lot strange about that Samho Dreams,according to Wikipedia she is owned by a German Shipping Group the form of Taxpayers avoiding Taxes if they invest with them.
Also the Director of this Shipping group was boasting his new fleet of Tanker about 130 m long,so the SD is old for him now. Make your own conclusion,in 3 years he will take the 3 in Korea new Build Supertanker of 160m over, thats nearly 2 times as the SD and perhaps dump the 120m ones. This Environmental Gangsters need people likes poilkoop,ho writes openly,no Supertanker come to HK ever. I have seen 3 mooring next to the SD further out last evening, on Sunday during the day one was pumping Oil right outside of Turtle Bay into one of the ships I named here before .

I also saw 12 Wooden Fisher Trawler on Saturday. No Wonder there is no Turtle left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 pm 
Environmental Forum Co-moderator

ewald wrote:
I also saw 12 Wooden Fisher Trawler on Saturday. No Wonder there is no Turtle left.

Interesting comment.

Especially considering your apparent alliance with Baroque.

1) "...there is no turtle left."
This is not true.
Rather, there are very few turtles left - hence the protected status of Sham Wan

If your false assertion were true however, it would be justification for the removal of the protected status and, in turn, removal of this significant barrier to the Baroque development.

2) You attempt to tie your report of seeing 12 'wooden fishing trawlers' to the threat to the turtle population.
    How do you justify this connection? Do the trawlers kill turtles or threaten their breeding site? If so, how many? When? Where are your statistics? Where are the actual reports?
    If you could establish the threat of fishing boats to the turtle population it would justify restricting commercial fishing operations in this area. The Town Planning Board report that clearly does not support the Baroque development cites threat to the fishing grounds in this area as one factor against the development. The interests of local commercial fisherman are at odds with the interests of the Baroque developers. Anything that might bring into question the rights of the fisherman to continue fishing in this area would would be clearly beneficial to the interests of Baroque.
[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:09 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Tavis wrote:

Interesting comment.

Especially considering your apparent alliance with Baroque.

1) "...there is no turtle left."
This is not true.
Rather, there are very few turtles left - hence the protected status of [url=http://www.afcd.gov.hk/english/conservation/con_fau/con_fau_sea/con_fau_sea_con/con_fau_sea_con_the.html]Sham Wan[/url ]
If your false assertion were true however, it would be justification for the removal of the protected status and, in turn, removal of this significant barrier to the Baroque development.

2) You attempt to tie your report of seeing 12 'wooden fishing trawlers' to the threat to the turtle population.
[list]How do you justify this connection? Do the trawlers kill turtles or threaten their breeding site? If so, how many? When? Where are your statistics? Where are the actual reports?

My Information comes from the Marine Department quoted by th SCMP.
They found one Turtle frightened already under Ligt-Polution Shock in a Corner because of the Baroque Development is coming in 10 Years.
They overfished the place,the Turtles are perhaps all eaten up,on the Fish market I have not seen a single Turtle only Fish so small Europeans would put them in an Aquarium

Tavis wrote:

If you could establish the threat of fishing boats to the turtle population it would justify restricting commercial fishing operations in this area. The Town Planning Board report that clearly does not support the Baroque development cites threat to the fishing grounds in this area as one factor against the development. The interests of local commercial fisherman are at odds with the interests of the Baroque developers

There you are completely mixed up. The Trawlers will be phased out in the next years .Only in your ill invented fiction story the local commercial fisherman are against the Development of the Baroque. That's where they might find the needed work after the fishing is restricted or the waters to dirty for Fish to live in,thanks to the many Oil Tanker peddling there products around Lammas beaches.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next