[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Police Corner
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Police Corner
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:20 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Police Corner, written by our Police Chief, Ms. Camas TUNG:

The Good Citizen Award 2015

It is time for more good news happening on the outlying islands.

A resident of Peng Chau obtained the Good Citizen Award 2015 on 18 June 2015 for positively assisting the Police in the arrest of criminals for theft from temple donation boxes in early 2015. The Good Citizen Award Scheme is presented to honour and recognize those Hong Kong citizens who have greatly assisted the Police in fighting crime.

The Force relies very much on the help, assistance and support from you, the public. We officially recognize very significant help in the Good Citizen Award Scheme, but also encourage you to make contact or come forward at anytime, with any information that you think we need to know. For Lamma Island, please don’t hesitate to contact us anytime. Let’s work together for a crime free and safe community!

Let me show you the happy moment of the ceremony with the photo below.
{L_ATTACHMENT}:
Police-Corner-1507-1.jpg
Police-Corner-1507-1.jpg [ 123.24 KiB | Viewed 12424 times ]

Safe Cycling

I believe many of you would enjoy biking in the lovely environment on Lamma Island. Be cautious when cycling! In 2014, there were 263 cyclist casualties occurred in places other than cycle track and carriageway in Hong Kong. To better protect yourself while cycling on the hilly landscape on Lamma, please remember to wear a helmet and protective gear. In the last 12 months we have had a number of nasty cycling accidents on Lamma where serious injuries have occurred. Let’s try to prevent any further such cases from happening. Ride safely, be considerate of others and please wear protective gear.

For your safety, the HK Law also requires you to turn on a white light at the front and a red light at the rear on your bicycle when you ride a bicycle in darkness or in poor visibility.

More tips on safe cycling can be found on a pamphlet by Hong Kong Government as copied below:
http://www.police.gov.hk/info/doc/rs_pm/cyclist/c06.pdf

You may also check out a safe cycling on the below video clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_biMpTRlXhk

Sayonara – for now!

Finally, I will be out of town on leave from 20th June to 19th July 2015 and my very capable partner, Station Sergeant WONG, will be doubling-up in my post. Please give your full help and support to him in my absence and I look forward to seeing you all again, happy and safe, in late July!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:32 pm 

最近在南丫島一個住宅內發生一宗爆竊案,犯人撬開該住宅於地下的窗戶進入屋內,偷去多項物品。警方現正就此案進行調查,並會盡力捉拿犯人。不過,我亦希望在這裏提醒大家要加倍留神,以及採取適當保安措施,以防犯人再以類似手法犯案。

夏季將至,你們大多會放假離港旅行。此外,你們大多在日間離開南丫島工作,令家中或會空無一人。多數爆竊案的性質都屬於機會型,即表示竊匪會在他們認為保安鬆懈的地方立即趁機下手。因此當大家外出時,緊記鎖好門窗及露台,啟動防盜警報系統及開啟閉路電視等等,以保障家居安全。

如果家中沒有防盜警報系統,我強烈建議大家去安裝,即使只是一個警鐘也可嚇跑想趁機犯案的竊匪。同時,我們南丫警崗的警察會加強巡邏,亦會加派便衣警察進行巡邏。

以下的警訊片段 (只有中文版) 向大家介紹更多有關家居保安的資訊。
http://podcast.rthk.hk/podcast/item_epi.php?pid=144&lang=zh-CN&id=50670

大家亦可點擊以下連結參考一些簡單的預防措施:
http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/cpa/cpa_ds.html
讓我們一起努力,令南丫島繼續成為安居之所!在此呼籲大家如看見任何可疑事情或有任何資料,請撥打緊急號碼999或直接致電南丫警崗與南丫島的警察聯絡,電話號碼:36611714。

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:21 pm 

Attachments:
Police-Corner-1507.jpg
Police-Corner-1507.jpg [ 192.08 KiB | Viewed 12506 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:47 pm 

Organised by the Lamma Police it's described as a "party with some performance for families at YSW Plaza at 1pm on Sunday, Aug 2.

Walk-ins will be welcome, but a police officer may ask for your name and residing village for their head counts!

No info if they'll also frisk you for illegal contraband and anything that could be theoretically used as a weapon.

Has anybody seen a poster for this first-time event? Did I miss it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:56 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:45 am 

Chinese version of this month's Police Corner:

過去數星期,電話騙案有上升趨勢。很多離島居民收到騙徙的電話,對方聲稱是速遞公司職員,然後要求他們提供個人資料或存款以領取他們名下的包裹。這些騙徙通常都說中文 (廣東話或普通話)。

幸好我們的居民都十分精明,並不相信那些騙徒便掛線,結果沒有受到欺騙。

警方正進行調查及嘗試捉拿疑犯。不過,所謂「預防勝於治療」,我希望大家能夠保障自己,以免在這類罪案中受騙。總之,當大家收到陌生人尤其自稱是速遞公司職員的人士的來電,要加倍小心。

請大家注意以下重點:

* 不要把金錢轉到或存入陌生人的銀行戶口或其他未經證實的地點;
* 不要透露自己的銀行戶口號碼及網上銀行密碼;
* 經常用各種方法核實資料 (聯絡公司時直接撥打其正式的電話號碼/熱線);
* 不要透露子女、親戚或朋友的名字或電話號碼;
* 把以上的預防罪案訊息告訴家中的長者並提醒他們,尤其是很少閱讀報紙或收看電視的年長人士;

如大家想獲得更多有關電話騙案的資料,請瀏覽我們的網頁,網址:
http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/ccb/cct_09.html

現時正值雨季,我們在天氣晴朗的日子享受南丫島美麗的自然風景之時,大雨及強風亦經常令島上的樹林倒塌。大家在惡劣天氣走路或踏單車時,請加倍小心。如受到樹木倒塌的威脅或看見樹木搖搖欲墜時,請立即打999報案。

如果大家看見處於衰弱狀態、沒有即時倒塌危機的樹木,不過認為有需要檢查一下時,請撥打1823。它是一個政府中央熱線,接聽人員會把大家的報告轉交給最適合的部門處理。

在此提醒大家,請大家不要把與案件、罪案、投訴或刑事情報有關的報告在這網誌中發佈,以保持資料機密。 大家可按以下的聯絡方法透過電話、電郵、傳真或親自接觸香港警務處人員報案。請謹記,如大家有任何關於在南丫島或香港任何地方發生的罪案資料,請向我們提供。

點擊以下連結即可查看所有聯絡電話號碼:
http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/contact_us.html

南丫警崗電話號碼: 2982 1577 南丫警崗傳真號碼: 2982 1824

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:23 pm 

Submitted by Lamma's police chief, TUNG Hei-man, Camas:
OC Lamma Island & Peng Chau - Cheung Chau Division

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a great summer break and are all now back safe and sound on Lamma. Mid-Autumn Festival, one of the largest festivals in Chinese culture, is around the corner. When you walk past the piers, you may have seen posters publicizing the mid-autumn carnival taken place at Yung Shue Wan Sport Ground between 7 pm and 10:30 pm on 19th September 2015.

Are you an expert on the police-related issues on Lamma? Come and take the challenge at the “Police Riddle Stall” designed by Lamma Police for the carnival. This year, we have prepared a lot of souvenirs for you, including collectible Marine Police postcards. Come and see how many riddles you can solve. Also, one of our officers has got talent in balloon twisting who will demonstrate it at the carnival. Lots of fun that you can’t miss, or take the chance to come and just say hello!
{L_ATTACHMENT}:
Police-Corner-150909-pic1-wp.jpg
Police-Corner-150909-pic1-wp.jpg [ 200.79 KiB | Viewed 12511 times ]

Back to the prevailing crime, if you have a cellular phone, you may have received a text message from HK Police appealing to stay alert from scam phone calls. The police have worked with telecommunication operators to issue anti-crime text messages to raise your awareness of phone scams. We will keep trying our best to stop you from becoming a victim of crime.

Please remain vigilant against suspicious callers asking for money or personal information.

As a general reminder, in order maintain appropriate confidentiality; remember not to post reports relating to cases, crimes, complaints or criminal intelligence in the blog here. You can always report by phone, email, fax or in person direct to Hong Kong Police Force. Remember, if you have any information relating to crime or offences taking place on Lamma or anywhere in HK, we want to hear from you.

All contact numbers are linked below:
http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/contact_us.html

Lamma Police Post Tel : 2982 1577 Lamma Police Post Fax : 2982 1824

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:46 pm 

Police Corner, Oct 2015, by our Police Chief, Ms. Camas TUNG Hei-man:

I like to introduce you a big milestone of the Hong Kong Police Force this time, which is……
{L_ATTACHMENT}:
Police-Corner-FB-1510.jpg
Police-Corner-FB-1510.jpg [ 126.92 KiB | Viewed 12597 times ]

YES, a Facebook page. The HK Police Force has launched an official Facebook page that you can get to know more on crime prevention, the latest news of the HK Police and other interesting police-related issues from the page. If the page or any of the posts is appealing to you, please give us a ‘Like” as support and encouragement.

We wish to reach out to different sectors of the community and provide a direct and interactive interface to communicate with you. We now have HKP Facebook page, HKP YouTube and HKP Mobile App.

However, please note that the Facebook page is only a communication platform, not for reporting of any crime or emergencies. If you need urgent assistance, please call ‘999’.

The HKP Facebook page can be accessed as linked below:

https://www.facebook.com/HongKongPoliceForce

Hope you would enjoy browsing our page!

Winter is around the corner and the weather is getting cold and windy. Please stay warm and take good care of your children and elders.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:20 pm 

Please have a look at our
Police Corner Survey

"Since August 2014 Lamma Police have regularly published a 'Police Corner' blog on Lamma.com.hk to bring you relevant crime prevention advice or police related news tailor-made for Lamma residents.

We would like to know what you think of the blog and whether you have any suggestions for improvements.

Please take a couple of minutes to fill in the below questionnaire and press the send button. You can either put your name on the form or sent it in anonymously. Either way we value your opinion and feedback."

Disclaimer:
Participation in this e-questionnaire is purely voluntary and for the purpose of collecting information for research purposes and to provide enhanced policing services. Responses will be kept confidential, secure and for a period of one month and will be destroyed thereafter. No personal information will be divulged to any other party.

View the Police Corner Survey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:24 am 

Police Corner Dec 2016.

Will this be the last one?

Please respond to our Police Corner Survey below to let the Police Chief and me know your opinions on how to improve it!
More local/specific, more/less information, more pictures, more/less frequent??

Farewell blog from our Lamma Police Chief, Ms. Camas Tung Hei Man:

"I heard many of you are concerning about the driving manner of the Village Vehicles in Lamma. The Village Vehicle has formed part of Lamma people's life as it is the only transportation mode on the island. With the vehicles' frequent passages through the Main Street and other crowded area, the driving manner may cause a concern to public safety.

We, the Police, do have the same concern as you do. While we would conduct enforcement at restricted zones during restricted hours, we also appeal for your assistance to report to us any inappropriate driving manner of the Village Vehicles. If you can recall the license plate of the vehicles and are willing to give statements to Police as a witness, your information would be forwarded to our Traffic branch for further investigation. The officers in our Traffic branch are well trained to investigate vehicle related complaints. Hope with our concerted effort, there would be no accident caused by the Village Vehicles.

Finally, it has come to the end of my tour as the officer-in-charge of Lamma Island. Yes, I have to say 'Goodbye' to all of you while I will be rotated to another post in Admiralty in late-Dec and I will move out of Lamma at the same time. I do enjoy being a Lamma person and I am sure I would often come back to Lamma for the lovely nature. It has been so memorable to work with you all to maintain Lamma a happy place.

My successor would introduce herself to you later. Already given you a hint that a female officer is taking charge of the island again. Now, let's recap some of the happy moments during my time in Lamma."

Have a look at the Police Corner Survey, please...

Attachments:
Police-Corner-151215-3.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-3.jpg [ 130.22 KiB | Viewed 12319 times ]
Police-Corner-151215-5.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-5.jpg [ 119.37 KiB | Viewed 12319 times ]
Police-Corner-151215-4.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-4.jpg [ 124.22 KiB | Viewed 12319 times ]
Police-Corner-151215-2.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-2.jpg [ 80.65 KiB | Viewed 12319 times ]
Police-Corner-151215-1.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-1.jpg [ 148.82 KiB | Viewed 12319 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:23 pm 

First Police Corner submitted to this website by our new Police Chief:

"What a wonderful place!!"
My impression when I first "landed" on Lamma Island on 16th December 2015.

Hi all! I'm Solid KWAN, Woman Senior Inspector of Police. I just assumed the post as the officer-in-charge of Lamma Island from my predecessor, Camas TUNG. I have been in the Police Force for over 25 years and have been posted in both crime units and uniformed branch. I was in Marine West Division before coming here.

Although I have been on the island as a "visitor" previously, I am still impressed by the environment and, more importantly, the nice people around. Some may already have a chit-chat with me and don't be surprised if you saw a "lady look" person running around in shorts, cos I'm a regular runner and love all kind of outdoor activities. It's my honour to be part of this community and would like to know all of you very soon.

Now, I would like to update you on a burglary that has recently taken place at a residential premises on Lamma with a number of items stolen. The culprit gained entry to the house by prising open a ground floor window. While police investigations are still ongoing, please do maintain your alertness on security measures for household safety. It's the nature of burglars to take the easy way. Thus please secure your home, including locking up your windows, doors, balcony, setting your alarm system, turning on your CCTV, etc. before you leave home.

Let's work together to keep Lamma a secure living place! If you see anything suspicious or have any information, please either call the 999 Emergency number or make a direct call to the Lamma Police Post on 3661 1714.

Happy New Year to you all!!

Attachments:
Police-Corner-1512-Solid-Kwan.jpg
Police-Corner-1512-Solid-Kwan.jpg [ 87.81 KiB | Viewed 12035 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:06 am 

Lamma Police Corner Survey is still running!

Quite some good feedback so far, but our new Police Chief would like some more before writing the next Lamma Police Corner, exclusively for the Lamma-zine:

http://www.compunicate.com/Lamma-zine/includes_news.html#Dec12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:38 pm 

2nd Lamma Police Corner by our new Lamma Police Chief, Ms. Solid KWAN:

"My first community event here it is!!  A crime prevention talk including Anti-telephone deception, Anti-firework and Anti-burglary was organized this morning at the Rural Committee Centre and completed smoothly.

Smart tips were given by our Regional crime prevention officer who has delivered an informative seminar in a lively and vivid way which was well-received by the audience, mainly local elderly.

Don't worry, non-Chinese speakers won't be left out!  I'm trying to get some material in English and hopefully would have one very soon.

Be a smart Lamma resident and don't fall in any trap!!"

Attachments:
Police-Corner-160116-1-rev.jpg
Police-Corner-160116-1-rev.jpg [ 152.79 KiB | Viewed 12222 times ]
!20151230_165905.jpg
!20151230_165905.jpg [ 153.24 KiB | Viewed 12222 times ]
Police-Corner-160116-2-rev.jpg
Police-Corner-160116-2-rev.jpg [ 116.47 KiB | Viewed 12222 times ]
Police-Corner-160116-3-rev.jpg
Police-Corner-160116-3-rev.jpg [ 134.27 KiB | Viewed 12222 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 pm 

Hi all, I'm reluctant but have to alert you that there was another burglary reported this afternoon. The culprit(s) gained entry by prized open a window on G/F. Lucky nobody at home when the case occurred. So please note your neighborhood who is not around recently / often to see whether their home may become next temptation to the culprit. Take good care and stay safe please.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:48 pm 

Farewell plaque for our last Police Chief who left us last month, Ms. Camas TUNG Hei-man, after just 1.5 years:

I liked the automatic Google translations of two of the Chin. farewells:

"To Senior Inspector (Lamma representation) who continuously ran errands (understanding of the village)
~~~ Superachiever ~ residents appreciate ~~~"

"Her performance and input is good work, the star of tomorrow."

Attachments:
Camas-Tung-farewell-plaque-b.jpg
Camas-Tung-farewell-plaque-b.jpg [ 60.83 KiB | Viewed 12095 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:13 pm 

Two simple questions for the new police chief, which have, so far, gone unanswered:

What is the legal situation for village vehicles carrying passengers? Are pedestrians covered by third party insurance?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 am 

Dear all Lammaites,

I am so delighted to be part of the Lamma community for 1.5 years when was one of the happiest periods in my life.

So nice to be friends of you all and I will definitely come back for the nice people and environment in the future. :thumb-up:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:23 am 

They're collecting signatures outside the North Lamma Rural Committee building right now, till 1pm. Looks like a DAB event?

Attachments:
Support-Police-160213-crop-b.jpg
Support-Police-160213-crop-b.jpg [ 74.2 KiB | Viewed 11928 times ]
Support-Police-160213-2.jpg
Support-Police-160213-2.jpg [ 155.65 KiB | Viewed 11928 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:58 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

"Crack down on rioters"
"Say no to violence"

Anyone else seeing a contradiction there?

For the last almost 20 years the government has failed to listen to Hong Kong people. We're not allowed to vote for anything that matters. It ignores the reasons for peaceful protests and tries to demonise anyone who disagrees with it as unpatriotic, criminals, "foreign influenced" etc.

The entirely predictable reaction to the blank wall that the government presents to the people of Hong Kong is cynicism and frustration, and increasingly violent protests by those who feel nothing less has an impact, futile as they may be.

Or for those with the means, leaving the territory before it turns into a police state in 2047 -- or next year if things deteriorate further.

As for the police, they are losing the trust and respect of the public as they are used for political ends, are seen to beat up demonstrators with impunity, as the ICAC chief is proven to be corrupt.

A fish rots from the head, and that's what's happening to Hong Kong as CY appoints more of his stooges like Arthur Li to power, and they clumsily try to "crack down" on dissent.

You'd almost think they wanted Hong Kong to fall apart so the PLA would have an excuse to roll in. But it's more likely simple arrogance and inability to listen to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:00 pm 

New police banners appearing all over Lamma these days:

Solid Kwan, the Lamma Police Chief and our Police Corner contributor/guest blogger created the idea and let one of her boys to draw it. Then she WhatsApped them to me.
A new style of policing certainly on Lamma, less paper-based, and certainly most welcome!

I've also been asked in my "capacity of website master" to appreciate the efforts of the "boy". Much appreciated!

Attachments:
Solid-we-are-family-wp.jpg
Solid-we-are-family-wp.jpg [ 67.27 KiB | Viewed 11947 times ]
Solid-Beware-of-Deception-wp.jpg
Solid-Beware-of-Deception-wp.jpg [ 69.77 KiB | Viewed 11947 times ]
Solid-Do-not-overspeed-wp.jpg
Solid-Do-not-overspeed-wp.jpg [ 61.61 KiB | Viewed 11947 times ]