[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Building the "Cycle Parking Platform"
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:49 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Thursday morning might be another field day for HK Media at the YSW ferry pier. Reporters are circling overhead for a potentially juicy story. See this WhatsApp I just received from Headline Daily:

"Halo Lamma Gung,
my name is Hei and I'm a reporter of Headline Daily. For the government's plan on clearance of bicycles parked at the catwalk of Yung Shue Wan Ferry Pier, we would like to ask you a few questions:

1. How the local community see the newly-constructed bicycle parking area near YSW pier? Is it friendly to be used and could you please provide the general number of residents who have used the parking area everyday?

2. As we know, there are roughly 400 or more bicycles parked at the catwalk now, while the new parking area could only provide 296 parking lots, will the government's clearance operation on this Thursday cause chaos and inconvenience to local residents, like, some of them may be forced to park their vehicles afar?

3. Government claims that the operation is to maintain the passage clear and safe, but it is not the first time for the government to take such action, in your opinion, why the operations or actions taken in the past couldn't improve the situation and what makes the government think that this time they can? Hope our inquiries won't bother you too much...

Thank you! Hei Reporter, local news Headline Daily"

Anybody want to answer this reporter? Alan? ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:27 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

So yet another bike clearance.
Yu Lai Fan was there with a crack team of FEHD workers (who did the dirty work), bureaucrats (who walked around and took photos) and cops, who were ready to quell any resistance.

They cut the locks on all the bikes along the pier, loaded them up on a VV and took them away. Most likely to the bicycle graveyard next to the reservoir. I think there were 4 loads, maybe 60 or more bikes.

About half were truly junk, 1/4 to 1/3 in decent shape and probably will be missed by their owners, the rest been there a while but still usable. And at least two as-new kids' bikes parked up near the hotel end.

Meanwhile, the CPA had its busiest day. There were 211 bikes and scooters parked there.
The question is what happens tomorrow, when people park their bikes along the railings as at least some surely will.

There are no signs prohibiting bike parking, so they would have to go through the same formalities of attaching "illegal occupation" warning notices on them and then come back to remove them. That seems unlikely, I don't think all these bureaucrats want to do that every day.

But the dickheads who double park and leave their bikes close to the gate are the last people who will use the CPA unless forced to.

Well, YLF counts it as a victory. She was preening herself on the pier with her entourage. Another part of our harbour concreted. $24 million flushed away. Rejoice.

Attachments:
vvbikes-150813.jpg
vvbikes-150813.jpg [ 99.34 KiB | Viewed 3017 times ]
kids-150813.jpg
kids-150813.jpg [ 98.95 KiB | Viewed 3017 times ]
junk-150813.jpg
junk-150813.jpg [ 99.54 KiB | Viewed 3017 times ]
cutter-150813.jpg
cutter-150813.jpg [ 99.35 KiB | Viewed 3017 times ]
cpa-150813.jpg
cpa-150813.jpg [ 97.84 KiB | Viewed 3017 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:07 am 

Thank you for this comprehensive, informative reporting and fine photos!

My own photo gallery should be ready later today...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:32 pm 

First stories from the many reporters who were at the ferry pier yesterday, all of them eager to interview Chairman Chan and Lammadonna:

http://hd.stheadline.com/news/daily/hk/363135/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:47 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:10 pm 

User feedback on the new YSW Bike Park, positive and negative:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2418687010/permalink/10153049103392011/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 pm 

I'm quite surprised, still seen no bikes parked on the pier railings.
There isn't any new sign, but people feel an implied threat of having their bike seized. I'm afraid to park there myself now.
And the bike park itself is overflowing, a dozen parked along the railings of the CPA and a few in the library area.

As above, its at least 50% too small for the residents who need to use it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:47 am 

Anyone volunteer to put some old rust monster up there and see what happens? Or could get one or two from the Bike Graveyard and try that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:57 am 

A few more photos of the pier clearance on 15/08/13:

Click for Facebook photo gallery:
{L_ATTACHMENT}:
Bike-clearance-150813-FB-2-b.jpg
Bike-clearance-150813-FB-2-b.jpg [ 171.69 KiB | Viewed 3029 times ]

Attachments:
!IMG_3142.jpg
!IMG_3142.jpg [ 166.28 KiB | Viewed 3029 times ]
File comment: Photo by Caspar Billington, confiscated bikes on their way to the Bike Graveyard just below Lamma Winds
Caspar-pier-clearance-1508.jpg
Caspar-pier-clearance-1508.jpg [ 258.68 KiB | Viewed 3029 times ]
!DSC02708.jpg
!DSC02708.jpg [ 228.52 KiB | Viewed 3029 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:51 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:59 pm 

Was at the pier at 5pm today. Total 326 bikes parked at CPA, including about 50 that couldn't find slots and were parked against the railings, or just standing up at the back or in the library area. Also a bunch of shopping trolleys, scooters, etc.

My wife commutes daily and is getting annoyed trying to get her bike in and out -- she has parked on the pier railings a few times rather than try to get into the CPA. Unprompted by me, she has little time for my activism.

PS. She told me there was a "illegal occupation" notice attached to her bike today (Friday 28th), and several others who had also parked on the railings. She threw it away.
As long as you don't leave it there more than 48 hours they can't legally take it. Though I wouldn't feel real secure about them following the letter of the law.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:56 pm 

I try not to get angry at this, but the stupidity keeps escalating.

Today I noticed notices stapled to bikes, not just one parked on the pier railings, but also those on the railings INSIDE THE BIKE PARK!, and ones up Main Street, parked near the Sampan Restaurant, and even in the area by the nullah next to the public toilets, 150 metres from the pier, where they are bothering no one at all. People probably park there to avoid squeezing through crowds in the bottleneck between there and the pier.

These aren't official notices, as issued by the Lands Dept when they tell you they're going to steal your bike.
Whoever it is failed to sign their name or state what authority they have, but I can't think of anyone who would have put these up except Yu Lai Fan.
These anonymous "reminders" are not at all "friendly". The Or Else is unstated but implied.

So YLF and her cronies still insist that 450 bikes must all be parked in an area with space for 298.

Well, as CY is known as 689, maybe we should start calling YLF 298.

Attachments:
signs150903b.jpg
signs150903b.jpg [ 99.86 KiB | Viewed 2896 times ]
signs150903.jpg
signs150903.jpg [ 99.55 KiB | Viewed 2896 times ]
sign150902.jpg
sign150902.jpg [ 96.87 KiB | Viewed 2918 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:36 pm 

All these bikes above, ferry pier to Public Toilet, plus all along the railing of the Bike Park will be cleared away next Thu:

Attachments:
Bike-Clearance-150917.jpg
Bike-Clearance-150917.jpg [ 197.99 KiB | Viewed 2867 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:42 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:30 am 

Maybe as many of us as possible should express these sentiments to the stooges doing the enforcement next Thursday.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:56 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:14 am 

This is a crazy situation there is simply not enough places to park the bikes. Yes do talk to the guys doing the clearance and make it know if you are unhappy. But the only way to get things changed is to pester 1823 with complaints and photos. They get daily photos from me if I return in daylight hours. If just twenty people did this they would be sick to death as they have to reply to every enquiry. Swamp 1823 complaint service and things will change. I am afraid just posting on a forum while raising our community awareness does not really make the government change things. If you have a child who got very upset about the polite notice pinned to their bike this is always a good angle to take. Please phone 1823 or email them . We have paid enough for this already and after all the cost we end up suffering.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:00 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:56 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10