Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:18 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Noticed it hasn't opened recently and uncollected mail is stacking up by the door.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:11 am 

Yup. They have closed and are opening a new bar and restaurant in Hong Kong Island. They did a closing night for close customers and friends about 2 weeks ago. Owner wanted to keep it on a low profile. I know they've got themselves a big place and are looking to focus on that.

Good Luck Thai from LAN KWAI FONG have taken over the former location. I think it's going to be great.

I wish both of them all the best and good luck to their businesses :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:33 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

I was wondering myself, 7th Avenue is always closed now. Checking on Facebook, the GM's formerly very active Facebook id has completely vanished and no updates on the formerly very active 7th Avenue Facebook page since June...

Good Luck Thai from Lan Kwai Fong's Rat Alley, off d'Aguilar St., where the touts are always approaching people to eat there?
Detailed review of Good Luck Thai:
http://www.followmefoodie.com/2010/05/hong-kong-good-luck-thai-restaurant-rats-alley/
and on Open Rice:
http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=10002&region=0&s=3

Deli Lamma opened in LKF nearby Good Luck Thai a few years back, but just for a few months. So Lan Kwai Fong is coming to Lamma? Many young Lammaites will rejoice, but most of us might worry...

glen.j, have you been at this farewell party yourself?
Can anybody confirm this, as the rumours have been flying about a new Thai rest. in YSW, but many people assumed it would open in the rebuilt former Spicy Island?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:22 am 

Yes, I was there and I can also confirm that Good Luck Thai from LKF are taking over the former 7th Avenue.

Why should you guys worry about them coming to Lamma. It's going to be great having them over, can't wait.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:34 am 

Oh and Lamma Gung, If by "the GM", you mean Saheb, he has left Facebook because of that reason. I know he'll probably kill me for this but he left because he knew people on Lamma would be coming up with all these assumptions and I guess he's just had enough of Lamma people gossiping therefore deleting his Facebook and keeping a low profile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:18 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

ANY kind of public announcement of the closure would have stopped much of the rumours and gossipping.

But closing like this, so clandestinely, no wonder the speculations were rife and often not complimentary.

Many Lammaites will miss this friendly hangout, their great, unique parties and Praful's food, of course.
Wishing them all the very best in their future activities.