[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Joshua Cannan Tree Garden sorta.
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:13 pm 
Official Court Village Fool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:25 am 

Ooooo boy day one of the Terra forming was a lulu. Apparently that pile of ghetto garbage, was well...... ghetto garbage, lots of building materials left over and they just piled sand over it apparently. We'd throw it away, but it still seems to belong to people and most likely they moved away. So I'll just nearly salvage what I can, and put them to the wide and tarp them over, and use the saved land and SAND to fill in holes. Since there's only one of me on this job, I'm going to just roll over the rotting logs (they're habitat for goo bugs but neverless Ingigenous Lammaites. not a fan of bugs, but meh co existance. (but would these creatures say the same thing once they evolve into sythe boned mantises lopping our nuts off (Mantaz character on time Killers game, or giant roaches on Fallout 2 (an American computer game about survivalists retaming California after ww3, or the Giant bug race on Men on Black, staring Will Smith). Meh,

Anyways, some of the trash can't be removed safely. (so I'm cordoning off the unsafe unstable areas with Sand, and tree stumps, and bedding Phase 1 of the garden with silty soil. Man I wish I could have access to peat moss, and other biological natural goodies you guys say. Well I'll read the notes in this section of Lamma, and report on my findings,

the crazy thing is that the head pastor and key members of the congregation are doing missionary work in Thailand, so essensially it's just me. and i need a CAT to likely really do a great job I'll have to come back to it when I'm not to busy return to Lamma...

Also the tennant o this home and gardening storage shed, perhaps would like to sell thier plants at a discount. (I'm a broke ass, and the church is still too small).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:30 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:30 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 pm 

Post subject: Day 5 notes.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:02 pm 

After a nice relaxing relax, T-8 yesterday, Was able to get to the grind, Holy Fluttershy. they poured Cement a layer of cement on the dirt?. This doesn't make any sense, why would they do that? but was able to bust past it. Using it to hold up those ugly metal pipes, hopefully it'll hold up when I try to move the last residue tiles!

Anyways jammed in cement blocks and bits (that are too ugly for the rock wall (namely because I want the rock wall to look natural). If we don't hear from anyone to take them away. We'll use them to build new rock wall (But don't see how that'll work out, they're very glassy and fragile. someone goes to sit on the rocks. anybody wanna do the Greek smashy smash plates dance. lol. God such an ugly colour too! :( dug some kind of crazy ditch valley. I'll try and go deeper stratas, and do my Indyana Jones archelogical digging there. Especially since we're planning to plant some Lo Baks roots..

Here's what I think happened though from what I'm diging up and generally how it went. That when they built all the buildings on this section of Sha Po, on ancestrial land and what not, for rental income, they used that triangle as a dump I'm fiding gloves batteries, Pocari Sweat bottles that look, so I think they poured sand over the heap.

Oh the Grannies who are sweeping the streets, I 'm feeling shitty for them, because they have to throw away all this crap. Like the heavy uglies I'm placing in the garbage piles that all big trash goes. But still some cements are still in the bag, and they're having a hell of at time busting their backs getting it out the bins. So they tell me just leave itto the side. (I'm finding ALOT of those strange metal. Like you have those square metal bars, with blobs of cement combined and you saw through it (I'm getting lots of those little things. But the good news I'm getting less and less of that shit) .most of the REALLY heavy stuff like those metal bars, I bring to the garbage center (the main ones like the one infront of the temple). or just leave it in the mass trash piles).

So sorry Sanitation grannies, most likely they were cleaning up tiles broken step plates (the gardening kind steping kind). Also Quarrying lots of rocks, again for my wall. (if natural).

Well that's enough for now, same old same old...

Last edited by Vanoclamma on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:03 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:40 am 

Post subject: Day 6 notes.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:15 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:18 pm 

Post subject: Day 8.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:39 pm 

Post subject: Official day 8.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:11 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:27 pm 

Post subject: I'm busted....
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:38 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:07 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:22 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

I've followed up a bit about that plot of land you're beautifying.
It's not part of the Million Rich house just behind it. I've asked Mr Million Rich, an old friend of ours, in person about it recently, after seeing your Facebooking about your project.

That plot you're guerilla-gardening belongs to Mr C who lives just across the path on the G/F, correct?
We were looking at their rooftop flat a few months back when we were considering to move. One of the most dangerous rooftops, without any ledge, wall or anything to stop you from falling off the edge....

Mr C, being an avid gardener himself - see all the pretty, well-maintained, daily-watered bushes around their two-floor old-style Chinese house - must have been wondering about somebody gardening in his long-abandoned plot, taking it over without permission. But once you've talked to him, he was probably happy to let you finish and do the work for him for free, no? As long as you're not planting (which he'll probably want to do himself as soon as you're finished), which would indicate a long-term occupancy, he should be OK, I think? I hope he'll give great thanks to you, as you well deserve them!

As this little plot is just outside Myrna's C-5 Pinoy Store in the Red House, a new favourite place of mine, your beautification will be appreciated not only by Mr C, but all the people from different nationalities sitting outside C-5 most nights, some even playing guitar and generally having a good time, especially on Sundays after the basketball league games.

Writing this long post made me hungry, almost time to pick up another home-cooked takeaway lunch from C-5's proprietor "Halo-Halo Myrna", named after her famous smoothie, a meal in itself, full of goodies .... Entering the shop, you can greet her and order at the same time by simply saying "Halo-Halo!"

Attachments:
File comment: Myrna and her famous Halo-Halo smoothie
!DSC02800.jpg
!DSC02800.jpg [ 95.06 KiB | Viewed 3143 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:28 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:35 pm 

Ohhhh my aching head, dont' drink Tingsdao (7 bucks at Auntie HH's store (a certain red one in a certain village in a certain garden I'm excavating), and ranting about how voting "Dabby" ((DAB candate+ "Y" ( initial) would mean alleged more pollution to our paradise. at least MORE cement blobs to clean up. :_(

I spent after noon, shooting the Breeze with the Gungster, and some drunk expats at Auntie H's store. (normally I don't drink. Yeah I know it's hard to believe with my nonsensical posts Im usually 100% "really me" (anti-peer pressure (ie. drugs), campaign used in Canada). They were kind of aggrivated that I was mining for more trash... (I seemed to have found some strange metallic object. (still un removable, needs more quarrying), and more cement blobs. Dabby (DAB+"Y" Candidates's intials). Do you think contractors improving Lamma WON'T leave this porridge of stone puke all over this precious land? THat morons like me have to break up and clean up. And when I try to dispose of it, then VV drivers want to kick my ass, and when I "try to dump it into the sea as they suggest then the police kicks my ass with fines...... Which a starving La Bohemian bum like me, can't afford. like really right?

Anyways back to the patrons at c-5, they beckoned me..... to drink with them, and enjoy a dish of corn beef with peppers in them......(again, somehow my Axe Pole arm quarrying rocks and trash was intrupting. And one of them was on a two night bender, according to the more sober one (his "road man" (a Space cowboy (psychodelic tripper term for "sober one" trip sitter), Not wanting to say no to the drinks, as well they know where I worked, and I really can't continue working in the pit without some bad vibes. I took up the offer. Auntie Halo Halo latter laughed that night when I tried to get some more drinks, and told me not ot drink.

So nothing really to report.... I only managed to quarry a few more inches. But had a great time talking with the Gungster, about comtemporary issues on Lamma, ie the Dog Killer, the Bookman's "Take over HK" protest against Da man, (When our Chinese compatriots on the Mainland figure out how to do that and they most likely won't because they can't access this website a bunch of peace loving peace lovers on a harmless Island, and one of them is crazy enough to play with garbage (me), anyways when out Chiense Compatriots are able to figure out that if they just stopped working one or so days, Uncle Hu's system goes crazy). *knock knock* 'cuse me fans. there's someone at the *zzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaappppppp* (Burning fat boy flesh (aka my code name by the locals. I still prefer you guys to call me nothing by ignoring my cries for childish attention).

"Comrade Vanoc loves China. There is nothing wrong with China" Go back to work.

Post subject: Day????
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:19 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:20 am