[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - $1,000 reward for finding my cat - PLEASE HELP!
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:51 pm 

I would be going mental by now if I were you...I was apartment-hunting there today and I kept my eyes open...I do hope he turns up. I saw all the posters - it's hard to imagine that he won't. Holding thumbs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:13 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

"Going mental" is the right word.

Thanks for keeping an eye out!

That is the kind of thing that will eventually get him home i hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:16 am 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Oh and if you see a woman talking into the bushes around ko long wang long,...don't panic, it is just me. Come up and say hi.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:45 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:01 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:06 pm 

any luck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:32 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Have went to try last Sunday... but couldnt find him...v.v..just saw other cats..
i was just moved in recently.. so.. not really know the road.. only try along the main street... and found around Ko Long... What was the better time to find him? Were the cats always hide and sleep in the day time? So, maybe evening would be better??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:08 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Thanks for trying Miu!

Well, here is the update. We have had 6 sightings of him in the area around the bins opposite Granny Chan's, next to the Massage place. Also a lot of calls about two cats on the back path to powerstation beach in Wang Long. However, on this path there are 3 cats that look a lot like Tommy but aren't. They are strays so I have been trying to catch them and put collars on them so people will know it isn't Tommy. I have only been able to do that with one though.

The Bins though sound like a good option. It is about 3 minutes walk from my place and he is bound to be looking for food.

So please, if you are walking past there at dusk or after, have a look and give me a ring if you see a cat that might be him. I have left signs up there with my phone number. Don't worry if you are not sure, please just ring. if you have friends who walk past there every night, please please ask them to have a look too.

You will probably see me there too :)

I am also trapping around my place just in case he is hiding in the jungly area around the house too scared to come out. However, there is a cat colony just next to my flat of 5 kittens and I keep on trapping those. You think they would learn but nooooo, they keep on jumping into the trap.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help and to those who have contacted me already. I know he is out there somewhere but he will be scared and hiding. It is just a matter of time though until someone gets a good spotting and we should then be able to catch him.

Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited by Leggova on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:14 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

oh and yes...he would be sleeping during the day and coming out at night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:25 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Some more pictures

Back view

{L_IMAGE}

Front view.
Please note he has no hitler moustache. A lot of the strays do. He also not fat like a lot of the strays.

{L_IMAGE}

Happier times.

{L_IMAGE}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:55 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:04 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:42 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:48 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Just back from finding Tommy... have sent a pm to you~ but havent got any reply~ so~ i went down n did a little searching alone~ actually i afraid of dark~haha~ so... just walked through a half an hour~ but.. still not find him... just saw some similar.... (i think that were those people saw b4..) maybe find it again next time.. :wink: dont give up~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:37 am 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

No....still haven't found him...it could take awhile. A lot of people have told me of losing their cats for a few week to a few months and then finding them. The thing is to not give up, but also not let it take over your life. I don't think I have managed to find that balance yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:07 am 

i saw a similar looking cat behind the bins next to Yan Yan' store this am 7.45

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:55 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:44 am 
over 300 messages posted
over 300 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:15 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Hi Gisela...thanks so much...yes there are a LOT of black and white cats.

When you say your cat was caught in a trap, do you mean that you put down yourself to catch him? Was this on Lamma Island? How did you know where to put the trap???

Would love to hear your story.

Miranda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:29 pm 
Pets Forum Co-Moderator

Thanks for PMing me the story Gisela, I only hope Tommy and I can be so lucky