Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:37 am 

Hi everyone,

I used sign language with my two sons (not almost adults) when they were toddlers -- not yet able to communicate clearly with words but well able to cry and shout to get their needs met (!). Signing saved a LOT of hassle, and we even today still sign "toilet" and "I love you" silently...

I became a certified instructor for the Baby Signs program last year and can do private sessions or group sessions which include a parent "starter kit." If you can spread the word I'm happy to do sessions for several families at once -- or please write and we can arrange time and date for a session at home. It is best if as many caretakers as possible be present.

I only speak English, so would appreciate help if the family speaks a different language.

I can let you know fees later, but it is usually around 900 (cash) for the kit and session to help you "talk with your baby before your baby can talk."

I am trained in linguistics and education and have worked with people with disabilities. I first learned sign in university classes when working with autistic children, one of whom was mute.

Please write if you have any questions or interest.

Thanks. Kim

wilhelmkh@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:12 pm 

Hi, I'd be interested - have got a few of the baby sign books too but would love a lesson! Are you teaching the USA or UK version?
Thanks,
Cat