Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:24 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

An example of my biweekly email to registered subscribers & forum members. Any comments, please?

Dear Lamma-zine reader,

We've got another very mixed bag of colorful stories this month on http://Lamma.com.hk, the website with "News, Events, Stories, Pictures, Forums, Classifieds from and for the Lamma Island Community".
These stories will hopefully amuse & entertain you, but also occasionally surprise & baffle you about our home island's many "Intriguing, Inimitable Inhabitants", many of them champions in their own respective areas:

- The Earth Champion winning another Eco Award: "Shining World Hero"
- The Bootcamp Survivor proceeding into her dizzying spiral of sobriety
- The generous old lady shopkeeper with the priceless smile
- The daredevil handymen performing an emergency C-section on my Koppu'd rooftop canopy
- The Petographers Producing Professional Pet Portraits
- The digital artist addicted to his digital darkroom
- The formerly frightfully thin & blue-haired Lammaite going cold turkey and starting an environmentally conscious diet
- The Tree Hugger Extraordinaire saving another beloved tree from being felled by govt.
- The eco-tour participants using their mini magnifiers to identify eco-heritage hotspots.
- The single mom wondering if it's safe and convenient to live on our island with a 4 month-old baby;
- The Creativity Director dedicating her Open Space to Music, Movies, Markets, Masterpieces;
- The Lamma Eco-Queen distributing "Green Hong Kong Green" T-shirts and Lamma eco-tour leaflets from an electric police car's rooftop to the adoring residents and visitors.

OK, I made this last one up myself, but the other ones are all real-life Lammaites!

Experience some of our many local events & activities, like the Mid-Autumn Carnival tonight, Capoeira @ the beach, Islands District Sea Parade, Indian Curry Nights and Asian food buffets, and the Round Lamma Outrigger/ Surf-ski Races:
http://Lamma.com.hk/index_events.htm

Lamma-zine stories, Sep 5-18, http://Lamma.com.hk:
- We Are The Champions!
- Photo Pros Point Lenses at Pets
- IMAGE+TEXT Exhibition
- My Rooftop Canopy Got Koppu'd
- iMiEV Electric Car Departs
- Her Smile Was Priceless
- The Official Court Artist Went Cold Turkey
- iMiEV Electric Car Arrives
- Liz Gower - Tree Hugger Extraordinaire
- What's a 'HOODOO'?
- Bookidzine Opening - Bookazine For Kids
- 'Green Lamma Green' Goes HK-Wide
- Single Mom w/Baby on Lamma?
- Open Space - Music, Movies, Markets, Masterpieces

Many thanks to our large and growing number of wonderful contributors to this community website. Become one of them! Please send me your favourite Lamma/Lammaite-related photo, artwork, tip, idea, story, poem, video, etc!