[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Feedback on the Lamma-zine
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:03 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

What do you love and hate about the Lamma-zine?

Be honest and frank in your raves and rants!
Praise is most welcome, of course, but it's the critics that help me to improve the Lamma-zine! Not hate mail, but constructive, detailed, specific ideas that can be implemented within my limited means. Many feedbacks have been implemented so far.

The Lamma-zine is a work in progress and still has a long way to go to become the best e-zine in HK! It has come a long way in the last months, I hope, but is it going in the right direction in your opinion?

The Lamma-zine has grown tremendously, frequently more than 20 pages, taking quite a while to load. Is it much too big and long now? Or do you like to read lots of stuff about Lamma? Too many pictures? Not enough? Would you have better pictures for us to use?

What topics would you like to read and see more or less off? New ideas and suggestions are always welcome!

And all contributors & promoters of good causes & people venting off are most welcome, of course! Almost anything goes, from short quotes to long stories, from completely wacky and crazy stuff to serious & thought-provoking articles! Get instant e-mail & personal feedback from whatever you've contributed!

There's way more editorial freedom here than in ANY print publication in HK; and no interest groups to offend or spoil the creative fun! Blatant self-promotion and severely biased opinions are most welcome! What the heck, I do it myself already sometimes!

Make the Lamma-zine YOUR publication, the definitive place for former, current and future Lammaites to get their news, fun and entertainment!

Maybe, someday, I might even transform this into a little free printed newsletter, similar but smaller than B.C., Town Crier or my favourite, HK Magazine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:58 pm 

Hi Lamma Gung,

When is the next Lamma-zine coming?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:38 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:20 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

I hope you will be cutting down on the bold type in this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:47 am 
Chin. Forum Co-Moderator

Lamma Gung: happy with the content and format of the Zine, but it is perhaps a bit big and takes a while to download for this... er hem... 56k dial up user!

Marcus: you might've forgotten to enable html and bbcode in your last message...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:09 pm 

Samson: Sorry, this is a Broadband e-zine, over 2MB. The vast majority (over 90%, I believe) of my local readers is on Broadband nowadays.

I'd have to take out most of the content and photos to make it small and fast enough for dial-up users. I'm already splitting it into about 10 pages (separate photo galleries, for example) this issue, but the main body of the e-zine needs to stay large enough to cater for so much content and all the small stuff which is not worth a separate page and another download.

Even for dial-up users it's a single long download. Get a coffee while it downloads. Once it's downloaded after a few minutes, the navigation will be extremely fast, jumping around in the e-zine, from topic to topic to all 12 features, as everything is downloaded already.

The alternative is a lot of pages and a wait for every separate page to load. I'm reasoning that one long download is better than lots of small downloads, just for something specific like this e-zine format.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:43 pm 
Chin. Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:07 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:11 am 
Discussions Forum Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:14 am 
Chin. Forum Co-Moderator

Thanks for the info Alan - you're a champ :)

Who are the other broadband service providers? Apart from the usual suspects like Netvigator, So-net, HK Broadband Network, Pacific Supernet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:19 am 
Chin. Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:16 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:34 am 

Post subject: @Samson
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:42 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:11 pm 
Chin. Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:00 am 

At the Lamma.com.hk stall at the Lamma Fun Day where Lamma-Por and I sold printed products by Lammaites for charity, I asked people to give me suggestions on how to improve this website.

Many of them were long-time viewers and even content contributors. But I got very little feedback besides "Umm, er, let me think about that for a while..........
No, it's great, I can't think of anything!"

While this great feedback, there MUST be areas to improve upon, new features to be added, old ones modernised, ancient ones removed altogether, the loading speed enhanced, the design to be nicer, no? Life is about improving yourself, your capabilities, your relationships and your environment. Not improving is stagnation.

How to improve this site? PLEASE TELL ME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:38 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:03 pm