[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Saving Diesel's from closing down
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 am 
Discussions Forum Moderator

Obviously these guys think they've got a slice of Lan Kwai Fong and think they can do the same as there; throw out the people who made it what it is, triple the rents and retire to their yacht marina.

Though I don't get how rebuilding the Mr Kebab site is such a hot idea: It's already the standard 3-storey "village house" size, so why would a new building really be worth more?

And all this gentrification, the destruction of local businesses for the benefit of absentee landlords, is being done using laws specifically created to preserve the traditional village way of life. But I'm pretty sure the representatives who are supposed to uphold these values and act on behalf of the people who live here will not have any problems with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:18 am 

Next to go - Pizza Milano. They are out on the 5th July according to someone in Deisel's last night who'd just picked up a pizza. Lammagung, can you verify?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 am 

Over the past few years, I've seen many campaigns to improve ferry services so that it is more convenient to get to Central (and also have late night services).
Now it appears we are reaping the rewards of making Lamma more attractive to the "suits" (together with commensurate wages and allowances) etc. who are migrating here in droves.
Is it any wonder that people see the opportunity of making a "fast buck" - this is HK after all.
Welcome to the real world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:32 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Notice for redevelopment of Mr Kebab, from the noticeboard opposite HSBC (click to enlarge, in case you want to object):

{L_IMAGE}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:39 am 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

As if the Sewage project hadn't created enough chaos and disruption! Do they really think that people would flock to a building site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:52 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:20 pm 
Over 1,000 messages posted
Over 1,000 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:09 am 
over 800 messages posted
over 800 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:54 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 pm 
over 300 messages posted
over 300 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:16 pm 
over 800 messages posted
over 800 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:02 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:39 am 
Official Court Village Fool

(wing hung company), is the guy infront of Man Kee I think.... I'll get some crazy glue, and glue my fat but to the sliding door. Nobody takes a burger and fries away from a starving Calgarian-Lamma dude. That's like taking a Cheeto away from Beach the dog, I love feeding her Cheetos, and petting her.

Anyways, Ok you devleopers with the dark Blues brothers agent smith glasses, and suit. (Like on the movie Up by Pixar). First you close down my Ice cream, then you close down my only source for Calgarian like burgers, and Pizza, but I'm broke all the time so I can't get the pizza so I get the burger). and no I'm not going to keep eating at that late night noodle house, although they're a nice bunch.... Taking a burger from a young man, is like taking away Mr Nick's joy .

And when this is all over then I get to live in a Castle, you know which one......when they lock me in the nut house for crazy gluing my shirt and pants and doing the bug on a windshild move while saying nooooooooooooooooooooooo in slow motion when the wrecking ball comes. But this Mr Kabab don't they have th tear down a apartment block for that. As for

As for Desiels' I wondered is that an old temple or something? It seems to share the same stucco glossy design as the Temple by the ball courts, and the majong place. But in anycase, I've been watching lots of Kung Fu Gerngshi movies, I'll just fly from Kebabs and back again, back and forth, and the demolition crew will like get dizzy and their eyes will bounce around back and forth like Moody eye's, from Harry Potter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:12 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:47 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:54 am 

Attachments:
File comment: New Pizza Milano location (replacing Deli Lamma)
IMG_20110929_123653.jpg
IMG_20110929_123653.jpg [ 134.53 KiB | Viewed 3403 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:35 am 

Attachments:
File comment: Typhoon Nesat Party aftermath at Diesel's
!DSC02671.jpg
!DSC02671.jpg [ 115.04 KiB | Viewed 3386 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 am 

Party this Sat night in Diesel's (even more than their parties on most weekend),a birthday reggae bash:

Time changed to 6-11pm, maybe interrupted by some live footsie.

Attachments:
Lamma-Lighthse-Scropio-Reggbash-wp.jpg
Lamma-Lighthse-Scropio-Reggbash-wp.jpg [ 409.04 KiB | Viewed 2746 times ]