Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Where are We
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:28 am 

If you Lived on Lamma in the early nineties you probably know who I am. I played flute with the Filthy Flute and Bongo band and a band called Mothership. That was long ago. I am married to Sue and If you knew us well you probably came to our American Thanksgiving bash.
I am no longer called Filthy Mike although the hygenics of my flutes probably has not got much better.
I am now known to the world as Michael Poitevin. If you check ou the IMDB you will find my my name listed as the director of two films. Exile From the Sun
has a particular link to Lamma as some of the Music was recorded there and some of it was written there. Musicians who helped on the film included Mike Brophy, Andrew Mcdowall and Jon Lowe. All old Hong Kong Musicians.
I have spent the Past six years in Portland Oregon and now I am moving my operation to Montreal Canada.
My New film is being filmed partialy there and I am fealing a pull home to Canada. I have lived most of my adult life as an expat, 5 years in Europe, 10 in Hong Kong and 6 here. Has it ben that long.
Parker my oldest dog is 15 and was born on Lamma and Billie and suzie my to other hong Kong doggies were born in the new territories. All are still living.
I hope Tracy Duggen reads this because she was one a good friend of my dog Parkers and Parker says hello to Tracy and sends her a big doggie hug.
Last Night we went to a retro of old HK kung Fu Movies made in the 1980's. We felt very nostalgic and homesick for Lamma. We love Lamma all the crazies and characters.
Hope to hear from you
Filthy Mike AKA Michael Poitevin

Attachments:
File comment: This is the Poster From My first film which showed around the world and I won an award
FESTIVAL-PHOTO-1.jpg
FESTIVAL-PHOTO-1.jpg [ 46.52 KiB | Viewed 671 times ]