Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Race Report: 4 Peaks Race ~ Why Visit Lamma? ~ Missing woman falls & dies
  WHAT'S ON?    LNY lunch for Elderlies ~ Lamma Waste no mall ~ Lamma Dragons Newbie Day
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Nick the YouTube Star ~ LNY @ Tin Hau Temple ~ Rooster Dragon or Mutant Turkey 

It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:29 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:58 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:33 pm Post subject: 東亞運煙花期間封港3小時

I spotted this in the Chinese forum (copied from Ming Po Newspaper), so I thought I would translate the gist:

"Ferry services to Central will be disrupted between 8pm - 10:15pm on 5 December due to opening ceremony of East Asian Games (fireworks display)."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(明報)2009年12月1日 星期二 14:55

為配合東亞運周六開幕日的海上煙花匯演,當日傍晚會「封港」3個多小時,期間渡輪將會暫時停航。

當晚開幕式由晚上8時開始,而封閉維港的措施會在1小時之前,即大約7時開始,直至晚上10時15分。

期間,7條港內線的渡輪以及往來中環 至離島的航線,都會暫時停航。匯演結束45分鐘後,才會解封。

當局表示,今次封港措施較以往煙花匯演的長,是因為整個開幕儀式的長度,較一般煙花匯演長。

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:25 am 
over 600 messages posted
over 600 messages posted

There have also been 'flyers' ( that is the only word I know in English.. forgive me - for a piece of paper with info) that has has been at the ferry pier for the past two weeks with the ferry timetable on December 5th.

I threw it away, as I know I will be be on Lamma for that Saturday night, and will watch the opening Ceremony on TV in one of the local bars :-)

The last ferry from Central to Lamma will be 7.30pm. Ferries will resume to Lamma at 10.30pm.

But please check!!! I may have forgotten the times. There are notices/flyers at the ferry pier.