[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - 'Fare rise threat if ad plan rejected'
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:12 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:34 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

Also removes any hope of more late ferries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:59 pm 

I've been trying to get hold of them to discuss advertising in the pier in both Central and YSW but they never reply.
I know a few people who have left the island due to the general circumstance of the ferries (timings, cleanliness, safety etc) so all they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot with their shoddy service and attitude. I went to DB last week and their ferries are so much better, not just the ferry itself, but the fact that food and drinks can only be consumed upstairs, there is a section upstairs (inside) where people who have animals must sit, it is free to take bikes on board, there is a box where people leave their read newspapers once they have read them so others can read them too, the toilets are clean and have toilet paper and there are no cockroaches crawling over your feet and bags!
Admittedly it costs HKD27 a go but it is longer and should people want to travel for cheaper there is a bus service but HKKF must realise that the worse their service the less people will move to Lamma or use it as another reason to leave which is money directly out of their pocket and vice versa.
Reducing the number of staff used to collect and change money or sit around with their thumbs up their arses would save on costs too!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:35 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

I agree completely, Ingmar.

I've also tried at least twice to pay them for advertising the Lamma-zine in the ferry piers, but didn't get a reply either. Obviously not worth their time.

The contact person for ads is the same lady who does their PR, Website contact, customer relations and a lot of the admin work, a real multi-tasker. No wonder she's got no time to reply to email enquiries she can ignore. Even phone calls to her and her promises of calling back are usually not followed up, except when there's a major loss of face for HKKF at stake and a deadline looming...

All these ads inside the ferry terminal are probably free, including the business ads like the Fitness Centre's plastered all over. So just try to put up your ads and see what happens.

Ferry Terminal Democracy Wall, anybody? Would be much nicer than the current one, under a roof and people would have loads of time to read the posters...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:27 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Ingmar, I think if they increase the fare to anything even close to what is charged for the superior service provided for DB residents then a hell of a lot more residents will leave the island compared to the few who may have left cos they're not happy with the current level of service.

I for one am quite happy with the service as it is considering it only costs $495 a month. Let's hope they get to put the screen up! (a sound investment for the future me thinks, with the west kowloon cultural development on the way).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:35 pm 

Agreed Zippy, but a lot of changes could be made which wouldn't cost any or much money. Things like occasionally cleaning the toilet in Central by throwing a bottle of Dettol in there and pointing a hose at it once every fortnight or so!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:05 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

:lol: - have to agree with that. I really find it incomprehensible how in 2005 in a supposedly world leading city, a company like HKKF can think it is acceptable to provide toilets in that condition for the use of their paying customers.

Dirty Bestards! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:50 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

Probably the blame goes back to HYF, who were running the service when the piers were built. Who can forget the brave design choice of using glass-smooth marble tiles for a pier exposed to the elements? The hermetically-sealed zero-ventilation toilets were another triumph of design over sanity.