Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 pm 

About three nights I was coming home on the 9:30 pm Central/YSW ferry, and there was a blond surfer type muscle guy, he seemed Australian, and his blond, wafty girl companion. They had not one, but two rather large dogs with them. They sat in the third row, center, with the dogs sitting on the two seats between them. These were not lap dogs but big, walk in the dirt/puddles/and who knows what else dogs.

They seemed to live on Lamma (taking dogs on the ferry at night is not a tourist thing) and quite smug and arrogant about their animals getting the human treatment.

What does one do in a situation like this? It grossed me out, thinking about whose bottom was going to touch those seats next, and the dog slobber all over the seat handles, and filthy dog paws all over everything. They could have sat two rows more in the front, where there is room for the dogs to lie down on the floor :roll: . Also, the dogs were not muzzled at all.

The ferry staff, of course, turned a blind eye. The guy was big and looked like a surfer dude with huge muscles. I was too tired to deal with it, and just moved to the back of the ferry.

Any thoughts, comments? It was disgusting, both the dogs and the attitude.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:19 pm 

yes it's very annoying, it's not just dogs, it's children jumping on seats on the 3.15/3.50.4.30 ferries too ... parents and helpers sit and do nothing !!! pampered princes and princesses !!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:57 am 
Discussions Forum Moderator

Report it to the crew and then they have to choose whether to ignore you or ignore the dogs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:07 am 

maybe we all should start reporting these incidents to the crew more often. a couple of weeks ago, on the 3.15 (i think) a lady did just that and 2 crew came downstairs and told the kids at the front to "sit down" and they did, and then one of the guys sat in a nearby seat for rest of journey.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:53 pm 

That's good to know, I will try that next time, discreetly, so it will appear that the crew just showed up. The only issue I have with that is many of the crew does not speak English, which is no criticism, just a communication issue.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:52 pm 

sure, the crew may/may not have much English but when they said "sit down" (and they pointed at the seats) the kids did what they were told. so, yes, we adults that wish to have a "less noisy" journey on the ferry should start approaching the crew ... i am concerned that one day a child will get hurt whilst running around/up & down the stairs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:12 pm 

http://bit.ly/1SZdfhj

MTR/Lamma Ferries the same difference?
Dogs?
Able bodied kids with dirty shoes?
I often take the return ferry to go into Central after the hordes of school kids come off.
I am in good clothes and there is a good chance the kids have been standing on the seats.
Why should I have to wipe a seat just to sit down after other people have been selfish and out of control just to protect my own clothes?
No lectures please about "kids will be kids" or "that is the way the world brings up kids today". No it isn't.