[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - HKKF new ferry timetable
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: HKKF new ferry timetable
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 am 
over 600 messages posted
over 600 messages posted

Well,.. I'm sure the 'heading' of this topic should get some posts.

Let's call it an 'unofficial' ferry schedule change. Has anyone noticed how many of the ferries seems to be running to a different timetable lately, ie.. 10 minutes late on voyages?? (Not sure about 'rush hour' as I don't catch these ferries)

This has nothing to do with 'loading and unloading of cargo', nor the prats, that get to the ferry pier after the bell has finished, the turnstiles are closed, and yet they still have the audacity to go and buy a coffee at the ferry pier.

No, apparently (according to a few of the ferry staff in Central).. they have been instructed by HKKF to do this. Why? They don't know. But yes, they have been told to hold the ferries back.

Most days the I catch the 9.40am to town, and it leaves most of the time at 9.50am.

I have had many mid afternoon ferries back to Lamma. They leave from Central on time,.. then slow down on the approach to Lamma, and dock 10 minutes late

No one can give me a reason. Does anyone else know what is going on? As mentioned, staff have told me that they have been instructed to do this. But when I ask questions, they just ask me to contact the company.

Last edited by Tigger on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:10 am 
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted

Are they maybe making a point that the one dollar increase is not covering their costs so making a statement about it? Perhaps LG can approach them since he seems to have a nice relationship with them? Hey LG?

As far as I am concerned its a pretty good service and I would hate to lose it to another company. So they get my thumbs up anyway. Mind you, I haven't missed any important meetings because of the delays... Although come to think of it we did miss a couple of connections to DB because our ferry docked late in Central.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:50 am 
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted

Well, I caught the 1.45pm yesterday (Sat) to Central which was not even docked at that point. So it left very late and arrived late.

Same with returning on the 4.30. The pier was crowded but the boat did not dock till after 4.30. The bell rang quite a bit after 4.30. We arrived about 5.10.

So Tigger, I agree, what is going on?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:19 pm 
over 600 messages posted
over 600 messages posted

Hi Boss, as mentioned, this is no 'ordinary' summer time schedule , ie too many people and the boats leave early due to begin full. Nor cargo, nor people turning up at the ferry pier late. It has been going on for over a month.

I tend to catch ferries that are not usually the 'rush hour' ferries. The ferries are sometimes late due to cargo, tourists, etc.. but the ferries make up that extra few minutes during the voyages. But I have caught many a ferry from either side, and all is going fine, then they slow down radically a few km's from their destination. (usually when they are heading to Lamma) And we get in 10 minutes later than the should.

And two members of staff have told me that HKKF has instructed them to do this. Even on EMPTY ferries during the afternoon,... the ferry docks 10 minutes later than it should. There is no reason. And staff just agree with me, but say I have to contact head office. Of course I have contacted them. And of course no response.

Every single ferry I have caught over the past two weeks, had left Late from Lamma, .... they seem to keep the turnstiles open 5 minutes after the bells rings/turnstiles are closed, for people on the ferry pier, bascially near the end of the pier. Not rush hour people running like the clappers.... just people walking. And returning from HK, the ferry leaves on time... empty ferry.. approaches Lamma. and seriously slows down. 10 minutes late again.

LG,,, can you find out what is happening?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:21 am 

On a similar subject could you possibly ask the ferry company that at weekends and holidays priority could be given to Lamma residents trying to return to Lamma during busy times. Last Saturday I planned to return to Lamma after working in town on the 1 p.m. ferry and arrived at the pier at 12:45 p.m. to find that all seats were taken. It would be nice if at least 30 seats were reserved for Lamma residents until 5 mins before departure and a priority queue established at one of the turnstiles for Lamma residents whether using monthly tickets or Octopus cards. This system could easily be implemented by giving out reusable Priority cards to passengers departing from Lamma.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:43 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:59 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Wow, that is a most unusual account, I think. In all the 12+ years of living on Lamma I've never seen anybody throw up on the ferry, as far as I remember. But I've never taken the 2:30am ferry on weekends so far....

On such a sunny, clear day with very little wind and calm seas? Definitely Lamma visitors who've rarely ever taken a ferry before?

Any similar bad experiences from our forum members?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:34 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:47 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

No photos? What a pity! :shocked: :huh: :wow:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:40 pm 
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted

I didnt realise the scheduled times are when the gates close and not when the ferry departs (I also complained about the annoucements which seem to be getting longer and longer...):

Thank you for your concern regarding our ferry service. Our pier staff has been instructed to close the gate based on the scheduled time. Be noted that the sailings mentioned on the timetable refers to gate-closing time instead of departure time. Normally there will be 2 to 5 minutes time difference because of cargo and passenger loading but our staff will try their best efforts to minimize the time gap. For example, leaflet about being considerate and punctual has been distributing to all late comers or even those passengers who walk slowly inside the gate as friendly reminder. We will keep monitoring the situation for smooth pier operation.

Regarding the vessel announcement, we feel sorry for your discomfort experienced. Please be understood that all the pre-recorded sounds are based on actual needs. Lifejacket donning instruction, for instance, is for safe navigation and required by regulation. Regular review will be conducted to simplify the PA system on board.

Thank you for bringing the above matters for our attention. Should you have other inquiries please feel free to contact our CS hotline at 2815 6063 or through this email.

Regards,
Eddie Cheng
for HKKF
2522 1966