[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - GOOD news, BAD news, & the BURNING BUSH
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:38 am 
Over 1,000 messages posted

Well the GOOD NEWS is the baton has finally been passed.

Despite an overwhelming show of support in the poll (thank you Fortune Chan - your vote counted), I have only now been (un)named moderator of the "Pictures & Movies" Forum.
I can only assume my poor showing in "Twat of the year & Moderator for Fight Club", there may have been some lingering doubts as to my suitability for the role.
However, after promises of home-made mince pies to L-B for Xmas, the transition is complete and I have officially joined the ranks of the much reviled. (And about time too)

However, because of the abuse I will undoubtably receive I have requested anonymity

The AIM of the forum will be:

1) to show PHOTOS that are lamma related;
This is not just about slapping a few pictures on a forum wall, otherwise we might get some idiot posting photos all the time & taking trollism to a deeper level. The idea will be to not only offer critique but to give a greater understanding of the lengths that people go to to get that photo, also the equipment & method of obtaining that image (F-Levels, DOF, Aperature, Sensitivity, G-Strings, Flashlights, Lenses, etc, etc). There are plenty of renowned, accomplished, and professional photographers on Lamma, but we never get anything from them, so we'll have to go it alone & do as best we can.
But then again, any old pictures will be welcome (Lamma relative).

2) to highlight MOVIES written, produced and directed by Lamma residents and/ or their Mums, or at least had a walk on part. Up for first review & possible showing at a bar near you (if they'll allow it), will be movies from the effervescent Mr. Bruce Baron...., if I can get any copies from him. Also, anybody that's had an affair with a movie star, or a relative of theirs, & were they any good.
Reviews, recommendations of any movie will also be welcome.

The BAD NEWS.............
I bought my first camera 4 months ago & I haven't been to the movies for about 5 years.

And then there's the BURNING BUSH and the immortal words of Moses - "Okay whose dumb idea was this"

Attachments:
DSC_0044_1.JPG
DSC_0044_1.JPG [ 14.11 KiB | Viewed 3060 times ]

Last edited by Anonymous Guy on Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:55 am 

First picture of a relative of a Lamma resident.....

Attachments:
throwback from Granola Eater linneage.JPG
throwback from Granola Eater linneage.JPG [ 22.53 KiB | Viewed 3058 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:08 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Welcome to the "official ranks of the much reviled", Mr Anonymous.

Soon you might also be entitled to a copy of Harry's book - which you'll have to pay for yourself, of course - signed and dedicated to [color=green]"(insert your name here instead of mine)... who gets more abuse tha Tung Chee Hwa. Well done!"[/color]

Let's start this forum off with reminding you that this is NOT a Fight Club forum and attacks on member's relatives are not welcome.

I'd also recommend you to get a hold of Photoshop or another photo-processing software, to improve and fine-tune your photos which seem to be getting much better steadily. But this photo above (what a mess!) is certainly not among them!

With a little minimal tweaking it would actually have been recognisable and you'd have recognised that this doesn't look at all like a member of the famous clan of Granola Eaters. Quite a superficial likeness, yes, but the unmistakable grin of the clan chief - a genetic family trait, I believe - is completely missing!

Attachments:
throwback-bb2.jpg
throwback-bb2.jpg [ 41.19 KiB | Viewed 3016 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:18 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:37 pm 

Post subject: