[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Lamma People Photos from 1989-1998
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:13 am 
Lord of Micturition, Keeper of the spoon

Here is a collection of some of the most hideously ugly men ever to crawl out of the Lamma Swamps.

Actually probably the Island bar or somewhere.

This collection of snaps also includes some ladies who are not at all hideous. In fact none of them are. Don't beat me up.

http://www.web4uk.tv/oldies/oldlammapix.html

How many of these people can you remember lurking in the undergrowth.

You can also download the lot in ZIP format below

Zip Download : 550kb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:18 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Post subject: GOOD GOD!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:51 am 
Classy Rock Goddess & Miss Lamma.com.hk!

The scariest photos are as follows:

1. Nick Lovatt - with a very short beard and looking 20 years younger....
2. Simon Pindar - who's gory photo has just put me off my cup of tea...
3. Troy - that's the worse photo I've ever seen of him...
4. Ulrich & Dave Parkers - manipulated photos are too obvious...
5. Dennis - he still looks the same.
6. Dick Jones - ???
7. Frank Paul - is he 'naked' in that photo??

And of course you Keith, look lovely in all your photos.... :twisted:

Thanks for a good laugh!

Chris

http://thinkingoutloud.com.hk
Guitars & Panties:
http://guitarsandpanties.com
Sisters of Sharon:
http://www.sistersofsharon.com.hk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:49 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:48 pm 

Post subject: The Book, Man
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:23 pm 

Chris, K@,

That was a fascinating ancient photo of Nick the Bookman!

He's become so famous now in all of HK since yesterday, enjoying his 15 minutes of fame after an interview & photo in HK Magazine. His existence has been validated and he's probably being asked for autographs right now (Sat afternoon) by the weekend hordes of tourists passing his bookstall. I'll have to go down, bow to his newly-found fame and tease him appropriately.., :lol:

Let's compare K@'s old photo with the brand-new one, scanned from HK Magazine today (great anti-reclamation cover story "What are they doing to Lamma?")

{L_IMAGE} {L_IMAGE}

Wow, is this really the same guy? Huge glasses, very hairy, slim, but otherwise?
How many years ago was this photo taken, K@?

Hey, for you guys not living in HK anymore, here's the scanned interview on my personal site.
My Lamma is non-profit, so I hope that HK Magazine won't give me any copyright heat...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:15 pm 

Yep. its an oldie. I have known Nick since 1973-76?. That picture of Nick was taken later though, from memory it was about the time we both moved to Lamma in the mid eighties. I believe it was taken in a bar then called Rumours run by ex-footballer Billy Semple and his wife Annie. The bar was in Sunning Plaza Causeway Bay where Nick and I used to DJ/VJ.

At the time Nick was a highly regarded sub editor for RTHK/ATV (I think it was) and often appeared on the television presenting news reports. He was often seen on TV battling against the elements at Star Ferry in the midst of a typhoon 9, yelling at the top of his voice against the wind, dodging flying bamboo poles and grinning like a lunatic.

About six months after we moved to Lamma, Nick decided to give up his high flying journalistic career and "chill out" with the best that Lamma had to offer at the time.

Since then he has become far more famous than he would have been following a television career, after all, who remembers his famous buddy Julie Mullins today eh?

Unlike Julie, Nick found his niche and became a Lamma landmark. On many occasions, people holding parties on Lamma would include Nick in their directions, IE. "turn right when you see the Hairy Guy on the corner selling books".

Nick has never looked back since, I believe his only regret is that he can't buy bacon and eggs for $5 at the Lee Garden Restaurant (now Deli Lamma) any more.

One mostly unknown fact about Nick is he is a really great writer. Not only does he sell and recycle books, he could probably write one too. Sadly he is too bloody unfocussed to get it done.

However, lest you think I am being uncharacteristically nice about Nick, I include the following embarrassing picture to redress the balance a bit. (Nick is the kissy guy on the right)

http://www.web4uk.tv/oldies/rich2.jpg

Can you say Hi to Nick for me when you go by. Tell him I miss him (how sweet) and also say that Rich Dunning asked me to send hugs too if I could get in contact.

Coincidentally, Rich is the other guy in the picture above LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:13 pm 

RE: Clive the Pipe and Lamma Net,

Clive started Lamma Net the very day I left the Island. I think he was watching me get on the Ferry through Binoculars or something. I wish he'd said something and he could've taken over my sponsorship from HKE. Oh well.

I used to enjoy talking to Clive but his wife told me not to because it annoyed him. I think he likes his own space. If you want to get in touch with Clive your best bet is to try dark spots late at night. Here is a picture of him without his daytime disguise

http://www.web4uk.tv/oldies/clivepipe.jpg

He has a great sense of humour ( although not quite the same as mine ) and he often had me rolling off my barstool with mirth when he told some of his funny accecdotes, so I'm sure he won't mind this pic.

I have more pics of Lamma people and I will post them once I've rounded them up.

Last edited by k@ on Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:16 pm 

Wow, K@, this is all great and fascinating info!

Very helpful in blackmailing these guys for free drinks some day soon! :twisted:

More embarrassing picture, onfo & stories, please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:18 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:57 pm 

Post subject: Wow, K@!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:10 pm 

Wow, K@, great pics and stories!

Unfortunately and sadly, I've still never met bbchris in person, even though everybody else has...

But I didn't know that Lara Croft is her twin sister!
Is she Lara's double, the stuntwoman, in the movie? Wow, I always knew bbchris was so FAMOUS here on Lamma, but worldwide fame! Wow! :bow:

{L_IMAGE} {L_IMAGE}
<HR>
Your two Lamma photo stories are a great beginning. I'll link them into my growing Lamma Links page!

Maybe we could get our visitors to contribute more stories. But even my prizes don't seem to stimulate much creativity so far. Maybe we need to get everybody drunk first?

More pics and stories! You've wetted our appetites, K@! How about some more of your own exploits? If you're too shy to tell us, I'll just ask our Lamma-icon Nick about you..... hehehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:46 pm 

Last edited by k@ on Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:59 pm 

Hilarious story about the table on the rock!
But do I believe it? Hmmm, I think I need to see a photo first! That should be a great photo! But beware! I can tell if it's doctored, as I love doctoring photos myself...

No problem to tell any story as long as you don't name names! No need to embarrass the people involved as I and most of our other members wouldn't know them anyway, if they've left Lamma a while ago. The stories are just as funny without any names!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:43 pm 

Sorry no table photo. LOL

If you don't believe me you could ask oldsters like David Slough, he knew it was me but didn't tell. David is very reliable about security matters. He used to publish a security and safety journal that was very dificult to open LOL