[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Avatars
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:43 am 
Lord of Micturition, Keeper of the spoon

Ha Ha. Sorry WebDog, I thought you were the PHP guy and LammaGung was the Design man. Please swap chairs it's my unbirthday party. Apologies all round.

I make apps like this board in ColdFusion. They don't look the same but use all the same techniques. Wanna see a simple one? Go to http://www.avarte.com (who I work for) click the hongkong link, sign in then click the Local News Link. That's a simple version of this board. Same principle but less features. I made it all gray and Microsofty and boring though. Also there is no news coz the HK Gateway site has not been advertised yet and now you've made this site there probably will never be any news about Lamma. Oh no I'll be sacked! LOL

I would offer to fix your avatars in ColdFusion coz its pretty easy to do but not in PHP because I'm a dunce at that. Anyway... I'm happy with avatars and I'd leave them on anyway, they are fun. I guess slow connection people can turn of graphics if things get to weighty.

RE the Weird UnderBlurb.

Yes its a bit British.

Micturition is "the extraction of urine samples" therefore...

Lord of "Taking the Piss" which means taking the micky or making fun of

A spoon is used for stirring things up. And for quite some time I did that on Lamma. So I thought "Keeper of the Spoon" was very apt and a bit like other daft things eg. "Defender of The Faith" and "Order of the Royal Garter" etc.

Also it sounded a bit dungeons and dragonish in a very silly way.

The "Degree in Budgies" is Monty-Python

Still puzzled?

OK I''ll own up, The truth is I'm as mad as the Mad Hatter and they won't let me out of hostital yet cause I ate the Dormouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:50 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:54 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

But you've got an unbirthday present from me, K@! A brand-new Underblurb!

So don't be an ungrateful twit and bugger off if ya don't like it!
Go forth and micturitate, oh irritating Lord of Micturition! :lol:

That's about all the "British" I can remember off-hand. Need to get out my favorite Monthy Python DVDs and brush up a bit...

P.S. I'm doing some pro bono design, webpage programming and silly messaging on this board, but webdog's The Boss, Lord of the Domain, The One Who Must Be Obeyed!
(just quoting a hilarious Brit John Mortimer's Horace Rumpole novel(describing his wife) which I'm reading at the moment, getting it on recommendation from Nick the Bookman, who's getting his 15 minutes of fame since yesterday, being the star (with topless photo) of an interview in HK Magazine, attached to a great anti-reclamation cover story "What are they doing to Lamma?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:25 pm 

Yes, Thankyou for my unbirthday present "the underblurb"

But today its not my unbirthday as I was born 7th Sept 1957 so I need a different present for today.

Don't worry, I already got lots of electronic cards and someone brought a case of Carling Larger round late last night so "I'm all right Jack"

Also they gave me the Lord of the Rings DVD so I can watch that at some point.

I'm off to ferret out more photos that some Lamma people would rather forget about.

Bye for now.

PS. The recaimation thing will be hard to stop as its probably supported by Lamma Supremo Fung Loi, who enjoys building housing estates to provide jobs for the islands youth. Keeps em out of the bars I suppose.

PPS. If you happen accross Fung Loi could you ask him if I can have my Junk Party BBQ pit back which he borrowed without asking and hid behind his bar.