[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - 2003 Season
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:44 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

When did you ever win anything Del?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:01 pm 

Never say I haven't ever won anything!
League & Cup double Fernhill boys under 11's , Farnborough & District league 1971 -72.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:37 pm 

well said web dog.. where on earth all that came from i have no idea... especially as this is the dragon boat forum ..
nice to read the gossip tho' . For any of you that might have an energetic bone in yr bodies and are interested in paddling, please do send me an email.. or simply turn up at our next practice on saturday 1st at 4.30 pm outside the library !
Its great fun and a superb way to get fit, meet new people and do something new ! :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:10 pm 

Dinner at the lancombe ... what a night ! We must remember to bring a camera to all socials from now on .. for the website !

:wild: Many thanks to all that came... and to Dawn for sorting out the bill at the end ... i think there was about 20 of us .. excellent turnout !! Even though it cost more than expected we did all have a very good feed and shed loads of beer.... who nicked my take away ?? I was hungry at 3 am when I got home.. at least I think it was 3 ??

BIG HUGE SORRY from me to Katrina.. I am sorry for giving u a bindi on yr forehead.. it wasnt funny, next time Dawn and I shall find something less childish than 'who can give Katrina the most hickies' to have a competition over. :cry:

Del, I hope u got all of our messages and the voice mail of us all singing 'delboy lalalalalalaaaaaaaaa', I think u did cos I got a text back from you .. we missed you! I think there was even some talk about yr 'bits' .. apparently u always used to strip when drunk.. well I never saw them !!! :iloveu:

I spent most of the evening 'chatting' to Tiger about dragon boating.. got some excellent tips from him and we had a long debate about our paddling technique... as if !!! I stood there the whole night not understanding one word.. and was so knackered of sign language.. lovely lovely man but I seriously need to learn some Cantonese..fast ! Oh Del he misses you loads and says come back ... I understood that much !

I am sending this to an old email list cos someone took the list last night !!! If u have it please return it otherwise I have to go through the whole process of asking everyone for their preferred email addresses etc etc ..

Because of that I also need to find out ..again.. who can make it on Thursday 24th April for the Tin Hau race here on Lamma ??? It is a work day.
I will put up a poster in the Island Bar on the board near the loo's with the dates for the races this season. Please fill in if you are available.. from that Katie and I will be able to work out teams etc ! :D

If you havent paid membership yet, please see Katrina !

And lastly .. if anyone has some good pics of last season.. please could we borrow them for the website. We have nothing from last season races and penang and Clive is ready to add them to the gallery. Put the pics in an envelope and write how many pics in it with yr name, and leave behind the bar in Island Bar. We will return them to you !!!! :jump:

Here's to US, AND A FANTASTIC SEASON WITH A BRILLIANT TEAM !!! :bow:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:19 pm 

Hi all, :D
What a terrific weekend of training..BIG THANK YOU AND WELL DONE TO ALL for turning up (special mention to Penny.. after lots of threatening from me .. well done for showing up on saturday.. even if it was to train with the boys :wink: ). It was a horrid weekend weather wise, Saturday we had lots of near frozen bodies in the boat and Sunday gale force winds and that still didnt keep you away !!
We had an excellent endurance session on Sunday .. and the general feel in the boat is SO positive. With only 17 days left till our first race TIN HAU on 24th APRIL (Thursday) :wow: I think everyone is beginning to understand the need for hard sessions.. and everyone seems to be wanting more !! (or is that just me and the beatmaster??)
Seriously, we have a very strong core team of 14 girls who are showing great commitment, spirit and strength.. this i promise you will be increased 100 fold after our first race.. then you WILL want more !!! :lol:

Please everyone do try your utmost to be there from now on at all training sessions.. we need as many people as possible so that we can train in the pig ! To name a few of our races .. Short course Stanley 1st May, Deepwater Bay 11th May, Stanley 4th June we will be racing in a BIG BOAT .. that means we need a minimum of 18 paddlers.. preferably 20 and reserves. At the moment we have 14 competitive paddlers.. so come on you SOCIALS .. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO AND WILL ONLY BE KICKING YOURSELVES, WISHING YOU HAD BEEN PART OF IT WHEN WE COME BACK SINGING TO LAMMA WITH THOSE CUPS..and think of the champagne !!! We NEED you, LAMMA needs you !!! Ok last try.. it is my last season dragon boating, :( my first as Captain.. I NEED YOU !!!! Right, if that doesnt play on your concience I dont know what will !

BIG HUGE THANK YOU TO LULU and MAX :bow: for hosting our recent social .. great gathering of paddlers.. both girls and boys.. alot of bonding and getting to know each other.. which we think is most important for stengthening our team .. that bucket cetainly got a seeing to :lol: ... and we also got to watch videos of past races.. if that didnt get the juices flowing ..oooer... then i dont know what will !! COME ON LAAAAAAAAAAMMA !

Upcoming events..
Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th .. training same time same place... lets get that pig in the water and give it a good work out ! (and i am talking about the boat there) :shock:
Friday 18th Bank holiday training for girls at 1.30pm (boys normal time)
Saturday Brik a Brac at the Island Bar .. please everyone bring all your erm.. stuff, if you need help carrying boxes to the venue, let me know ..the boys have offered their muscles .. havent you ??!! We also will need people to help out working the stalls.. great day out !! (Katie.. dont forget I have first dibs on that juicer)
Sunday 20th will be either training at the same time OR WATCH THIS SPACE .. we are trying to get permission to PADDLE ROUND LAMMA ISLAND.. endurance training.. and to raise money ! As soon as we find out whether we are allowed you will all recieve an email with details !! Very exciting !! :jump:
Thursday 24th April TIN HAU FESTIVAL !! Team information shall be emailed very soon. Great day on Lamma and a chance to race against all the fishermen !! Our first race in 2003 !!

Its all getting very very exciting ... COME ON GUYS .. lets get out there, train as hard as we can .. get that stamina.. find that strength... we know the spirit is there !!

AND dont forget .. PENANG is nearing .. what a trip this will be, 25th Dragon Boat Anniversary.. a chance to train INTERNATIONALLY against so many different countries.. and that is just the paddling .. I havent even started on the 'fun' side of it !! :wink:
We are seriously looking at ways to subsidise the trip to enable more of us to go.. we want EVERYONE to experience this.. QUESTION: when was the last time you went on TOUR with 15 plus team mates to a paradise like Penang to COMPETE IN SOMETHING ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.. never? well NOW IS YOUR CHANCE !! :thumb-up: :thumb-up:

Well you can tell I am not working at the moment cant you !
Be safe.. wear those masks and keep Lamma SARS free :wow:
Over and out
The mad African :wild: , aka Claire, aka.. we wont go there !

Post subject: Bric-a-brac
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:48 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor