[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Dear current and future Island Gym members
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:49 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Email from Sol who's running the Island Gym for several years now. I'm a member and can warmly recommend this very convenient and well-run gym. Fees are very reasonable at $350/month for 1-year auto-pay memberships and are barely enough to pay the current rent and expenses. The landlord wants to raise the rent by a record 75% (!!!) next month. So Sol has to find a new affordable location, not too inconvenient for the members, or close down for good and sell all the equipment.

"Dear gym members,

The gym rent has been unreasonably raised. Therefore I need to inform you that I will not be able to keep it as it is. Most likely I will need to close it beginning of May. In that case, I will return the remaining fee to the people who have paid upfront and still have time left.
For accuracy, please email me your joining date, fee paid and your HSBC bank account number (if you don't have one, then it might take longer, but I am sure we can arrange to get the money back to you).

I understand that some of you really appreciated having the gym on Lamma and would not be able to join one in the city. Therefore I am trying to find somewhere to move it. But even in that case, the fee will have to go up, as the rents have gone up, and I will need to pay for moving, renovation, rent agency fee, etc.
So I need to ask you:<UL COMPACT><LI>Would you be willing to pay more in the future? That applies even to the people who have paid upfront, I would need them to add more, if they are willing. If you would be, please send me an email saying that you would.
In that case I can try to rent another place.
<LI>If anybody knows any ground floor apartment that might be suitable, please email me.
<LI>If you know any other people that might want to join a gym on Lamma, please let them know about it.</UL>If not, then would anybody want to buy any of the equipment? Closing it will cost me quit a bit too, so selling some of the equipment would be helpful."

Last edited by Lamma-Gung on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:25 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:56 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 pm 

Great news from the Island Gym! Sol found a new place! Contact her at Islandgym@yahoo.com.

"The gym will be moving to the place right behind the place where the old gym was in Sha Po Old Village....

... I will be back on around May 10th and will organize and make it nice, etc.

The fee will have to increase by a little - around 50$/month.

Here is the new fee info:

$500 for first month to try, 550/month after that.
By autopay/direct debit/upfront: 6 months: $450/month
1 year or ongoing: $400/month "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:18 am 

Latest email about the relocated Island Gym:

"Dear members, the gym will be moving any day now. It will be not well organized for a few days in the beginning. But if you would like the key anyway, please call Marissa at 6717 9632 for the keys.

She will ask you to fill out the sign up sheet again before she gives you the key, please fill out both from and back. If you need to pay extra cash, please make a transfer by the bank or give her the cash, either way, please make a note on the bottom of the sign up sheet."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:27 am 

has the gym moved. are the listed prices still the same. what are the hours.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:33 pm 

It moved early this year, back to Sha Po Old Village, just behind the former longtime location.

Details of contacts, photos and prices are here:
http://www.lamma.com.hk/forum-OK/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13022&start=4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:50 pm 

The Island Gym has a great promotion running from now till Jan 7th!

A 50HK$ per month discount with a password exclusively for Lamma.com.hk readers, for however long one joins before Jan 7th, 2014.
Password is 'fit new year'.

Details of contacts, photos and prices are here:
http://www.lamma.com.hk/forum-OK/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13022&start=6