Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:30 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Weird Shit ~ by Nick the Bookman ~ Nov 20, 2018

"I believe in ETs, UFOs, Faster Than Light travel, Hyperspace and Parallel Dimensions and..."

Well, I'm back. Apparently this is my first time in the digi-dumpster since mid March. I've enjoyed my self-imposed exile to Analog World, but the stories keep accruing and my brain's about to explode. So thanks to Trevor for letting me use his computer to type whatever it is you'll all be reading at some point...

"Do I want to "see" a magic trick...?" Gosh. Well, absolutely. (Thank you for that penetrating comment, Stephen Fry). It's the middle of summer 2018 and I've been approached by a lovely group of mainlanders who are spending a long weekend on Lamma. Amelia, their tour leader, is quite fluent in English and will spend the next three days translating between me and her colleagues while we enjoy many dim sum meals. They are all fascinated by my evident lack of shaving skills and introduce me to the "Wizard" within their ranks. I've forgotten his name, but he's a faith healer cum sort of Sufi Master and a famous(ish) film star. I see one of his faith-healing videos where pale blue and whitish yellow flames are dancing up and down above the spine of a patient. Sort of obeying his will as he tries to re-balance or re-calibrate her energy field. I don't know how he ushered the flames into being, but there they are, flicker-fluttering above her prone body.

Anyway, Amelia says the S.M. wants to show me something special. I'm sitting down at the restaurant table nearest the entrance to the HKS Bank. My hands are on the table clasping two little rattan cups, nestled into each other. One upright and the other inverted over the top in a tight snug fit. Amelia says the S.M. is going to stand by the bank door and swallow an orange pink ball which he will then materialise inside the two cups. He's about 10 feet from me. I've checked the cups out. They're both empty. There's nowhere to hide an orange ping pong ball in them. No way to deflate the ball either, because it will not resume its original shape. No other balls are apparent in either of the cups. I don't feel I've been misdirected in any way. Amelia says he's "going to swallow the ball and transfer it to the cups. It will be covered in saliva from his stomach". (Nice little touch there).

The S.M. puts the ball in his mouth, inhales, exhales loudly and throws his arms forward while making a loud whooshy grunt... then gestures to me to look inside the two cups. There's the orange ping pong ball, covered in spittle, sitting in the lower cup. I'm impressed and intrigued. Amelia then asks me how I think this illusion (trick?) is done. I run through what I just wrote with her and say that I can't see how the illusion was done. In a very deadpan manner I tell Amelia that I think he used teleportation. Amelia responds in an equally deadpan manner by saying "Yes, You're right." And that's where we left the situation. Either he used teleportation or he used trompe l'oeil (fool the eye) and it was a very clever piece of conjuring. I'm reminded of a famous quote by the late Sir. Arthur C. Clarke that "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

Mind you, in my reality, teleportation exists. I have enough books at home discussing the validity of the experience so it seemed a logical explanation to me. TP or TK (Telekinesis - the power to move objects remotely). I believe in ETs, UFOs, Faster Than Light travel, Hyperspace and Parallel Dimensions and the fact that our moon is a hollow spacecraft which is about one billion years older than Earth and was most likely constructed in our future and time-shifted back into the incredibly precise orbit it now maintains around Earth. Check out the film "Moon Rising" and look at the stunning colour photos of the Aristarchus Crater. There appears to be some sort of light blue glowing dome that covers the whole crater, some 30 miles in diameter. It isn't natural. It was made. Constructed. It's also been visible from Earth for about 300 years or so. Who built it? Who constructed The Tower and The Shard that were first photographed in the early 1960's by a Russian satellite? This is a couple of years before Apollo 8 made the first orbit around the back side of Luna. What else is hidden up there?

Here's another weird report - a premonition if you will - to get you thinking. It was the 7th of December and citizens of Owensville, Indiana found a strange message painted in large letters on the sidewalk in front of their primary school. The brief message said "Remember Pearl Harbour". Some citizens knew Pearl Harbour as the US Naval Base in Hawaii. Other people weren't sure where Pearl Harbour is. Everyone was perplexed by the graffiti which appeared on the pavement on 7/12/1939. That was two years to the day prior to the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbour on 7/12/1941. Who was the precognitive soul who painted the message? This incident is considered to be a "Timeslip". A disruption to our human perception of Time as a linear construct that goes from Past to Present to Future. Another famous Timeslip is the incident of the two English ladies who found themselves time-transferred from England in the early 1900's to Versailles in the time of Marie Antionette. Or take the case of Benjamin Bathurst aka The Man Who Walked Round The Horses. It was during the Napoleonic Wars and Bathurst was observed leaving a building and walking to his horse and carriage. He walked around to the far side of the carriage and disappeared. Just Like That as Tommy Cooper used to say. Was he Collected? Was he teleported to some other spacetime dimension?

Sometime in the summer of 1936, a Flying Saucer/UFO was reported to have crashed near the town of Freiburg in the Black Forest region of Germany. The wreckage was quickly salvaged/retrieved by the Nazis who apparently back-engineered the crashed disc to create their own human/alien hybrid technology which gave them a huge jump start prior to the beginning of World War Two. The V1 and V2 rockets resulted from this technological breakthrough. The V2 was the first earth missile capable of space orbit. It had a ceiling of about 150-180 miles and this was at least 20 years before the Russians launched Sputnik (which was the size of a basketball-cum-mine). This technology predates the wreckage found at Roswell 5/7/1947.

No one is sure exactly what occurred at Roswell. The crash debris was from a weather balloon? Or was it a downed UFO with bodies that was recovered by the US Military and hidden from the public. A recent claim says Roswell was a Russian "hoax". The wreckage was of a primitive saucer and the "alien" bodies were genetically deformed/mutated children who were created using techniques pioneered by Mengele and other captured German scientists prior to the end of WW2. Stalin was apparently worried that the USA would gain the advantage of the high frontier because Wernher von Braun and his colleagues surrendered to the Americans rather than the Soviets. This recent claim could be more disinformation. There seems to be enough witnesses around who saw what was recovered from Roswell.

Another "future" weapon of WW2 was the "Foo Fighters" (predating the Band of the same name) who were small hyper-agile silver orbs that would form a box pattern shape around Allied aircraft in WW2 and somehow disrupt their electrical fields and cut their engines out. The modern day equivalent is most likely the silver orbs that have been recorded creating Crop Circles in moments. There are some stunning photos of crop circles available which show pictures and math symbols and what could be coded messages to other UFOs. And forget all about Doug and Dave, the Crop Circle Hoaxers. Their work is reminiscent of drunk children fooling around. Some people surmise that the circles are actually two-way communications between various races of ETs that are monitoring Earth. Interstellar graffiti so to speak. And I'm feeling a bit knackered now, so time to quit. There was more stuff that I wanted to write, but I forgot it. Oh, well...

Attachments:
File comment: Nick at an Open Space event, photo by Jim Brockman.
Nick-blue.jpg
Nick-blue.jpg [ 64.68 KiB | Viewed 6408 times ]
File comment: One of my "Psychedelic as Hell" computer graphics versions of this photo.
Nick-Blue-1.png
Nick-Blue-1.png [ 1.57 MiB | Viewed 6408 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:05 pm 

Some of Nick's recent music and other reviews are in this forum and older ones on his website: http://Lamma.com.hk/nick

His Nixtapes can be found on his NickTheBook Mixcloud account, maintained by Jim Brockman of Open Space fame.

Here's his short intro. I wrote the first half, Jim Brockman the 2nd half:

"Hello, I'm Nick The Bookman. If you live on Lamma Island, Hong Kong, you'll know me already! If you're not living in our subtropical island paradise yet, too bad, your loss! But we hope you'll join us soon; there's always room for a few more relaxed, friendly & happy people, looking for Quality of Life! And when you do, I can help you moving here! That's what I do for my modest living ... besides being The Bookman, Unofficial Mayor, Hippie cheerleader and being named "Laudable Lamma Luminary" by Lamma.com.hk.

"And I just love all psychedelic stuff! I'm a CD selektah and make very good use of Jim Brockman's stuff (Open Space) and also DJ Nipper's editing skills.

"I'm not exactly computer-literate and prefer to live life between the pages of books and man-handling physical music (eg. Cds). However, I've begun to appreciate that plopping my mixes online is certainly a lot more far-reaching than tossing my CDs to people in the village. So here I am courtesy of Jim's laptop! Enjoy."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:23 am 

Nick the Sadhu in various "Psychedelic as Hell" deep levels of meditation at Open Space.

Attachments:
Nick-Blue-quartett-wp.jpg
Nick-Blue-quartett-wp.jpg [ 564.45 KiB | Viewed 6377 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:54 pm 

One more.
This dark blue, meditative image has proven to be extremely suitable for the DeepDreaming AI algorithms.
AI likes Nick the Sadhu?

Attachments:
Nick-Blue-quartett-2-wp.jpg
Nick-Blue-quartett-2-wp.jpg [ 362.4 KiB | Viewed 6365 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:50 pm 

And a last one, probably...

Attachments:
Nick-Blue-quartett-3-wp.jpg
Nick-Blue-quartett-3-wp.jpg [ 501.28 KiB | Viewed 6304 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:18 pm 

Probably not. Could only resist for 7 days to generate even more versions...

Attachments:
Nick-Blue-quartett-4-wp.jpg
Nick-Blue-quartett-4-wp.jpg [ 470.58 KiB | Viewed 6291 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:34 pm 

Can't stop, having to much fun with these "creative experiments"...

Attachments:
Nick-Blue-quartett-5-wp.jpg
Nick-Blue-quartett-5-wp.jpg [ 393.99 KiB | Viewed 6290 times ]