[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Lamma Gym
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Lamma Gym
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:28 pm 

Hi

Does anyone have the contact for the lamma gym just off main street, with the treadmills etc in it? Much appreciated

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Lamma Gym
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:06 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

https://www.facebook.com/lovesdancestudiohk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Apologies for the off topic realization / brain queef, but every thread that isn't there already seems to be a referral to Mr. Zuckerberg's walled garden.

O tempora, o mores.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:24 am 

O tempora, o mores, indeed!

Yes, Pit, you're right. But that's how it seems to go these days. After years of a very slow uptake on Lamma, Mr. Zuckerberg's Walled Garden has become by far the dominant social media on Lamma as well, as in so much of the world.
Facebook has *almost* replaced this forum, even though Facebook is so disorganised, scattered, hard-to-search and not as well structured as this forum.

The only online presence many Lamma businesses have these days is a FB page, many restaurants don't even have an updated website anymore, or none at all. All their info is on FB only, including the dance studio/gym.
There's a website - http://lovesdancestudio.com - but the latest news is from last year, and there's no info on their new gym at all.

I'll keep paying the small, separate webhosting bills for this forum, even with zero income from it.
Some day, if FB or other social media fall out of favour with Lammaites, we'll still be here and running, always welcoming, open to everybody and censorship/deletions-free; unlike most FB groups and pages, especially the Lamma-related ones which ban members forever and delete many msgs at the whim of the admin, usually without any notifications, totally unlike this forum.

The self-supporting Lamma-zine and Events Calendar on a separate, local webhost will continue as ever, reaching its 15th anniversary next month. Still a labour of love and keeping me busy in semi-retirement, with the fantastic help and support of the Lamma community and many content-providers (like yourself), plus a few, small, loyal, wonderful, long-term advertisers.

This entire website is still getting millions of hits from almost 100 countries, many times more than FB's Lamma-related groups together, I think.
We're still No. 2 in all Google searches for "Lamma Island" - I've checked just now - just after the website I launched and ran worldwide for 4.5 years: http://www.DiscoverHongKong.com (which still gets TV commercials and massive print promotions in many countries and languages.)
Interestingly, No. 3 is Wikipedia's Lamma page which lists Lamma.com.hk as the No. 1 External Link.

Alan and I'll be labouring on and reply to any question within this entire forum, usually within the same day.

Pit, as it took me half an hour to compose this message and it's kind of important, do you mind me quoting your initial post in a Lamma-zine story, preparing for the 15th anniversary of Lamma.com.hk next month?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:53 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Any sentence that includes both "brain queef" and "Mr. Zuckerberg's Walled Garden" (with the quaint hyperlink intact) is absolutely printworthy by my standards. Wouldn't have it any other way in fact.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:23 am 

Thank you for teaching me a new expression. I had to Google it via the Urban Dictionary.

Should I get an Urban Dictionary Mug for my home office?
"One side has the word, one side has the definition. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Lotsa space for your liquids."

No problem to use brain queef in the Lamma-zine, as I make up my own editorial rules.

See today's Lamma-zine story...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 am 
Discussions Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:41 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:48 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:11 pm 

I am a newbie here and I have no idea about it.