Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:56 pm 

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for my ignorance! We are moving to Lamma (Po Wah Yuen) at the start of April.

I'm just wondering if anyone could please recommend a moving company/ people who can help with this kind of thing at a fee, or at least offer advice on the best way to transport our belongings across independently. We are coming from Yuen Long district but if necessary can hire a van to the ferry.

Also, someone told me it will be difficult on a Sunday due to a lack of cargo ferries; Is this correct?

I should mention that we wont be bringing too much furniture as the place we are heading to is mostly furnished, so it is relatively small scale as far as house moving goes. More specific details can be given when necessary.

Thanks for your help!

Joe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:12 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

Sunday is the worst day to to move because of day trippers. The ferries are full and most (all?) don't take cargo.
The footpaths are choked and the village vehicles (small trucks) aren't allowed to do deliveries.

Better if you can just take hand carry luggage enough to survive and move the bulk in during the week, or before if you can arrange it.

Po Wah Yuen is a short, but steep, walk up stairs from the pier, or a much longer detour if you need vehicle access.

You can talk to Nick Lovatt 29820525, who does local moving and can arrange a crew and transport.
They might be able to do it by hand trolley if you really have to do it on Sunday, assuming you can get it on the ferry at all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:41 pm 

Thanks. I'll give Nick a call tomorrow. Saw his name mentioned a couple of times so sounds like he is the main man!