Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Race Report: 4 Peaks Race ~ Why Visit Lamma? ~ Missing woman falls & dies
  WHAT'S ON?    LNY lunch for Elderlies ~ Lamma Waste no mall ~ Lamma Dragons Newbie Day
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Nick the YouTube Star ~ LNY @ Tin Hau Temple ~ Rooster Dragon or Mutant Turkey 

It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Anyone got a skull
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:51 am 
Lord of Micturition, Keeper of the spoon

Hi,

My friend's son in Pennsylvania would like a skull. There used to be loads of them lying around behind my house in Tai Peng. If anyone feels like sending one I will pay for it and all that.

You can't buy them in the states anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:06 pm 
My brain is fried

You can buy them in Kathmandu (just in case you happen to be passing by that way). They engrave them with mandalas and tack silverware to them. There are always plenty of interested tourists, making the price a bit steep, also making their donor's worth greater in death than in life. :oops:

Allegedly, they come from Benares in India which has a river full of skulls from mostly the poor or the 'holy'. Kids would swim looking for bodies, remove the heads, scoop out the fleshy parts and sell the skull to the artisan. :twisted:

The trade has become much reduced witin the last 15 years due to customs inspections. If customs found a skull, they would probably want to 'interview' you! I just did a search on ebay for 'skull' and got 64 pages. One of them might actually be a SKULL! :very-hot:

Stop Press : Try Ebay Item # 1763119282 from Thailand. I bet they have an unlimited supply!

also Item # 2137268476

... Dave says :wave:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:31 pm 

Location: Never around when you need one unless you're commiting a crime.
There are heavy penalties for interfering unlawfully with human remains in Hong Kong. The poster is reminded that behaviour considered acceptable within one society may not be acceptable to another. Let's take a couple of seconds to review our posts before we press the send button in future eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:17 pm 
Lord of Micturition, Keeper of the spoon

Very well officer. I shall be more careful in future.