[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Drop in Lamma property prices
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 pm 

Marcus I don't live on Lamma anymore. No parking for my BMW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:05 pm 

This is really insulting mate ! If you really think Hong Kong is a shit hole, it's time for you to travel the world a little so you can realize how privileged you are to be here... Have you ever traveled far enough from your mother's kitchen to tell the difference between, say ,16 different countries in 20 years ? I have, and this is why I have chosen to drop my bags here and stay, by choice. But I guess if a BMW is all you can afford, you may not have enough to travel too much...
If you don't like it, if you're not happy here, why don't you go back to where you came from ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:29 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

EDC - You probably don't mean to use the intolerant "go back to where you came from" epithet in the way it comes across. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and they do not need to conform to someone else's way of thinking if they don't want to. Anyway, he's only winding you up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:17 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 am 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

Ive lived in a climate similar to the High Sierras and you can't beat it for fresh air, vibrant colors and feeling of space. You do get bored after a while with the pinball machine at the local gas station which forms the only entertainment for a hundred miles. So like many in Lamma, I have compromised. I enjoy occasional days of vibrant color, I can get that feeling of space if I hike to Tung O and its only 30 minutes to the city via a pleasant ferry ride. The rickety streets provide character against a backdrop of concrete and steel that is Central. I accept the downside of environmental degradation driven by greed, in the hope that as villagers get richer, even they will realise the importance of sustainable practices. As for the weekend hordes, they are reasonably well behaved but there are just too many of them. Thats OK though, because I have my own space to retreat to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 pm 
over 600 messages posted
over 600 messages posted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:37 am 
Parenting Forum Moderator-in-probation

My landlord is going to nearly double my rent.

Bad enough tourism has become so big on Lamma that I fear for my inner peace. Sometimes there is very little difference between living in Mong Kok and living on Lamma. Even the rents become comparable.

I think this topic should be sealed and sunk into the Chinese Sea. Unless the Japanese come back, there won't be any significant drop in property prices.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:41 pm 
over 600 messages posted
over 600 messages posted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:50 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:22 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:58 pm 

I discovered I had a rat on my roof the other day. I think it might have been a pregnant female as it seemed to be trying to make a nest. I bought a trap in the village - the kind that traps the live animal inside. When I had caught the offending rodent I wondered what to do with it: a) kill it b) eat it c) let it go. I decided on the last option, not wishing to take the life of an innocent part of the biosphere, but where? Aha, a cunning plan hatched in my brain - let it go right next to those super-expensive new flats down near Powerstation Beach. Under cover of darkness, I watched the little animal scurry away into the rubble still left from the construction.

Just doing my little bit to keep property prices and rents down.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:22 am 
over 600 messages posted
over 600 messages posted

Thanfully there are now a few flats to rent for under 10K. And some 2/Fl flats are going for 12k. These are snapped up pretty quickly though, as you can imagine. Still not great, but less asking prices that a few months ago.

There are always 'price hikes' with properties on HK and Lamma,... , and then the prices come down again. but this 'phase' has been going on SO LONG!!

As for the sales of the flats.. these are still ridiculous prices, even though they are not shifting. 3 years ago I moved from a 2/Fl, Sha Po Old flat, as my landlord put it on the market to sell for 1.8M. In the end he had to rent it, as it wouldn't sell as it was deemed too expensive. This was only three years ago. Now most are selling for over 3M.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:46 pm 

Almost a year on, property price is still going up. A couple of transactions of 2/F+roof were over $4M. Now 2 G/F flat at our village were asking for $4M too - that's really insane! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:16 am 
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted

Still better than paying 6 or 7 million for a 350sf ft walk up in Sheung Wan!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:16 am 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

So then.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:29 am 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

I always enjoy having the last word. So here we are almost 10 years later. I understand prices have more than doubled in the interim. I sold up in 2018 and was happy to get rid of the place as the developer/estate agent /landowner/village notary was taking liberties with my right of access.