[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Ex-Lamma Quarry
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Ex-Lamma Quarry
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Apple Daily article about the LegCo panel meeting 2 days ago:

南丫石礦場僅建千多個單位 議員斥浪費珍貴土地
Google translation:
Lamma Quarry was built more than a thousand units only denounced the waste of precious land Members

A number of Members of the Legislative Council Panel on Development opened the special meeting, criticized the government for Sok Kwu Wan, Lamma Lamma former quarry development, planning misconduct. Albert dissatisfaction People Power Development Board to identify land for housing only, ignoring the most appropriate use of land, described the practice as "haphazard."

The Government recommended that the Department develop into a tourist and residential areas, the proposed construction of 1,200 and 700 private residential flats. But Albert criticism less housing, planning is a waste of precious land resources, it is recommended to participate in the United Kingdom, "Eden Project" to build a large-shaped greenhouse and conservation areas. DAB Leung Che also questioned the concept of Lamma put too much development, criticizing planning nondescript.

Assistant Director of Planning Christine Tse responded that there are plans to add "Garden of Eden" features, including the construction of an artificial lake, with organic farming and other sustainable development, but also means the completion of the first round last year to collect the views of community participation, reflecting the development of the public want to be able to acquire land balance.

"Eden Project" means the United Kingdom in 1998, spent 90 million pounds, the Cornwall (Cornwall) an early overdeveloped clay mining sites, the world's largest dome turned into a greenhouse, a collection of hundreds of thousands of the world's plants, attracted over one million visitors each year to attend, be considered a major achievement of green tourism.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:01 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:57 am 

Letter to the SCMP Editor last week by famous HK nature photographer (and neighbour) Ed Stokes.

If you've got no access behind SCMP's paywall, or have used up your monthly quota of a handful of free stories yet, or don't know how to get around their paywall (clearing the cookies and/or cache might work?):

forget-tower-blocks-lamma-quarry-and-clean-village-areas

Attachments:
SCMP-ELQ_CE2-Digest_FINAL-letter.jpg
SCMP-ELQ_CE2-Digest_FINAL-letter.jpg [ 415.7 KiB | Viewed 3712 times ]
File comment: "How the old quarry site at Sok Kwu Wan might look if the government's development plan gets the green light.
Photo: Planning Dept." - SCMP, Letters to the Editor

SCMP-ELQ_CE2-Digest_FINAL-wp.jpg
SCMP-ELQ_CE2-Digest_FINAL-wp.jpg [ 159.05 KiB | Viewed 3712 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:27 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:54 pm 

LegCo Panel on Development visits Ex-Lamma Quarry Area

Hong Kong (HKSAR) - The following is issued on behalf of the Legislative Council Secretariat:

"The Legislative Council Panel on Development conducted a visit today (October 25) to the Ex-Lamma Quarry (ELQ) Area at Sok Kwu Wan, Lamma Island to receive an on-site briefing by the Administration on the draft Recommended Outline Development Plan (RODP) for the ELQ Area.

Panel members visited the ELQ Area and met with members of the Islands District Council, the Lamma Island (South) Rural Committee and local residents at the Rural Committee's Office to understand their views on the draft RODP.

Members participating in the visit included the Chairman of Panel on Development, Mr Tony Tse, Mr Paul Tse, Mr Albert Chan and Ms Chan Yuen-han.

In the draft RODP, it is proposed that private and subsidised housing to accommodate a planned population of 5 000, recreation/tourism facilities and a resort hotel be developed in the area. Moreover, external and internal transport networks for the area will be enhanced.

The Panel discussed the draft RODP at its meeting on July 7. The discussion paper can be found at:
http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr13-14/english/panels/dev/papers/dev0527cb1-1456-6-e.pdf"

My own photos of tagging along as Media during this visit, together with my interpreter Lamma-Por, are in processing...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:39 pm 

New flyover and fly-through computer-animation of "The Lamma Hub":

http://www.ex-lammaquarry.hk/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:21 am 

Submitted by 南丫島話 On Lamma:

Our Chance on Lamma Island - by LegCo Member Miss CHAN Yuen-han

Published today in am730
[Consolidated: http://www.am730.com.hk/column-258012]

{L_ATTACHMENT}:
11102790_799686496766774_2228430857518609016_n.jpg
11102790_799686496766774_2228430857518609016_n.jpg [ 47.36 KiB | Viewed 3478 times ]

Translation by Charlie Chiu. Many thanks!
兩天前入南丫島,希望就政府在索罟灣對開,前南丫石礦場的發展項目作更
深入了解。
I went to Lamma Island two days ago, hoping to know more about the SKW ex-quarry development project.

今次已是第四次因這個發展項目入南丫島,不過,所看的、所知的和所想的
,都跟前幾次有點不同。
This is my fourth trip to Lamma Island in relation to this project. But what I see, what I know and what I think are different from my previous visits.

其實,對於這個發展項目,我跟我的民間專業團隊,暫時都無具體概念。
Actually, me and my non-government professional team still have no concrete idea about this development plan.

然而我卻有很多問題,希望問政府、問居民甚至是問自己!
Yet I have many questions to ask the government, residents and myself!

我曾經試過以不同的位置去視察這個地方,包括乘政府安排立法會的考察船,以及由當地居民帶領我坐小船,沿著發展區的海邊視察。
I tried to inspect this place in different ways, including a LegCo inspection ship arranged by the government and small ship rides led by local residents. These trips were along the coast lines of areas included in the development plan.

不過,看得最清楚,還是登上石礦場後的山上,俯瞰整個區域的面貌,啟發而來的問題亦更多。
But the clearest view came when I reached the mountain behind the quarry, looking down to have a view of the whole area. Many more questions came to my mind.

到底,對於這片土地,政府該如何規劃呢?
How should we plan this land?

如此美景,政府最初當然想賣地用來建豪宅、建酒店,但這個為小撮人的享受而犧牲整個自然環境的做法,在立法會理性之同事也有不同意見,而我一班喜愛山水的人自然堅持反對!
With such a beautiful view, of course the gov't initially would want to send lands to build luxury housing and hotels. But sacrificing the whole natural environment for enjoyment of a few people received different opinion from rational colleagues in LegCo. Of course, nature lovers like us insist on opposing it.

政府顧問公司初步建議會建公屋、亦有居屋又或是青年旅社,目標是增加5千人口。
Gov't consultants initially suggest the building of public housing, housing under the Home Ownership scheme or youth hostels. The goal is to increase a population by 5,000.

聽起來好像不錯,但想深一層,為增加千多戶而犧牲一個不能取代、獨一無二、買少見少的環境,又好像不太划算!
Sound nice, but on second thought, it seems not a good deal to sacrifice an irreplaceable, unique, dwindling environment for 1,000 plus households.

抑或,政府索性「蒙著眼」,大規模地發展,又如何呢?性本愛丘山的當地居民一定跟你拼過!
Or, the gov't can turn a blind eye and develop in a large scale, what about that? Nature loving local residents are sure to fight against it.

那麼,不發展、保留原狀是否最好?
But then, is it the best to keep it as is and not develop at all?

但當地居民又未能因這個人口增加的機會,加強區內之基本設施和配套。
But local residents will be unable to grab this opportunity to strengthen basic infrastructure and supporting facilities in the area.

另外,又有居民建議,將南丫島發展成屬於香港人在大城市旁的一個假日休閒住宿旅遊點,但卻要經政府部門的五關六將,困難重重……
Besides, some local residents suggest to develop Lamma into a leisure tourist spot beside the big city. However, they need to go through all the obstacles in the gov't ...

眾多問題,未有答案。
Many question, no answers yet.

想來想去,按現時政府的規劃模式,任何方案都總是未臻完善,總是帶點缺失、帶點遺憾。
After much deliberation, based on the government's current planning model, any plan is always imperfect, there's always room for improvement and there's regret.

既然如此,我們是否有需要注入新的思維,棄掉舊有的一套觀念,將意想不到的、聞所未聞的,在這片土地作一個新開始呢!
That being the case, is there a need for us to inject new thinking, abandon the set of old ideas, and let the unexpected and unheard have a new start in this land.

你或許會問,那即是甚麼?即是不排除任何新概念!
You might ask, what is it then? That is not ruling out any new concept!In Lamma Island two days ago in the hope that outside Government in Sok Kwu Wan, Lamma quarry before development projects more in-depth understanding.
I went to Lamma Island two days ago hoping to know more about the SKW ex-quarry development project.

This is the fourth time for this development project to the Lamma Island, however, and want to read and understand by is a little different. This is my fourth trip to Lamma Island in relation to this project. But what I see, what I know and what I think are different from my previous visits.

In fact, for this development project, I talked to my private professional team, currently there are no specific concepts. Actually, I and my non-government professional team still have no concrete idea about this development plan.

Yet I have a lot of problems, and would like to ask the Government, asked the inhabitants even ask yourself! Yet I have many questions to ask the government, residents and myself!

I would have tried a different location to visit this place, including by government arrangements for the research vessel And by the local population lead me by boat, along the development area of the beach visits. I tried to inspect this place in different ways, including a LegCo inspection ship arranged by the government and small ship rides led by local residents. These trips were along the coast lines of areas included in the development plan.

However, most clearly seen, still after landing on quarry Hill, overlooking the entire region faces, inspire the question comes more. But the clearest view came when I reached the mountain behind the quarry, looking down to have a view of the whole area. Many more questions came to my mind.

Really, for this piece of land, how can Government plan? How should we plan this land?

Such beauty, the Government initially wanted to sell to build mansions, built hotels, but for a small group of people. At the expense of the entire natural environment practices, rational colleagues of this Council have different views, and ws, as a group of lovers of landscapes naturally object!
With such a beautiful view, of course the gov't initially would want to send lands to build luxury housing and hotels. But sacrificing the whole natural environment for enjoyment of a few people received different opinion from rational colleagues in LegCo. Of course, nature lovers like us insist on opposing it.

Government consultant initial proposals will build public housing and HOS flats or hostels, the goal is to increase the population by 5,000. Gov't consultants initially suggested the building of public housing, housing under the Home Ownership scheme or youth hostels. The goal is to increase a population by 5,000.

Sounds good, but thought one step for increased sacrifice thousands of households that cannot be replaced, the only non-
Second, the fewer environments, and isn't a very good deal! Sound nice, but on second thought, it seems not a good deal to sacrifice an un-replaceable, unique, dwindling environment for 1000 plus households.

Or, the Government simply "blindfolded", developed on a large scale, what about? Ài qiū shān, residents must have told you fight! Or, the gov't can turn a blind eye and develop in a large scale, what about that? Nature loving local residents are sure to fight against it.

So, not to develop, retain the status quo is the best? But then, is it the best to keep it as is and not develop at all?

But local residents have not been due to the population increase in opportunities, strengthening regional infrastructure and facilities. But local residents will be unable to grab this opportunity to strengthen basic infrastructure and supporting facilities in the area.

In addition, residents suggested that development as belonging to the people of Hong Kong, Lamma Island a holiday accommodation and leisure tourism in the big cities, but five of six government departments will be difficult ... but some local residents suggest to develop Lamma into a leisure tourist spot beside the big city. However, they need to go through all the obstacles in the gov't ...

A number of issues, no answer yet. Many question, no answers yet.

Want to go, according to the Government's planning approach is always room for improvement in any programme, is always a little bit short, lose, with a touch of regret. After much deliberation, based on the government's current planning model, any plan is always imperfect, there's always room for improvement and there's regret.

In that case, do we have the need to inject new thinking, discard old ideas, unexpected, unknown, in this piece of land for a new beginning! That being the case, is there a need for us to inject new thinking, abandon the set of old ideas, and let the unexpected and unheard have a new start in this land.

You might ask, which is what? That does not rule out any new concept! You might ask, what is it then? That is not ruling out any new concept!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:35 am 

Feedback by Lamma-Gung on Facebook and here:

Lamma-Por & I met Ms. Chan Yuen-Han (4th from left below) when a LegCo panel visited the ex-quarry for a close walkabout together with YMCA, HK Electric and the YMCA, the current exclusive tenants of the entire ex-quarry who'd love to keep their Outdoor Centre and camps in there, attracting hundreds of children and parents most months.
It was great chatting with most of the dignitaries, collecting name cards. Lamma-Por loved meeting people she only sees on TV frequently.

Afterwards, we had a big meeting with Lamma's three district councilors, several South Lamma village reps, SKW business people, the visiting LegCo members, including Ms. Chan, pan-democrats Albert Chan (bold head, 3rd from left) and Paul Tse (centre, in black), etc.

The input from all the Lamma powers-that-be can be summed up as:
"Build the new town, build it asap! And we want more Govt. services in South (and North) Lamma!!"

LegCo members listened and some might have made an internal sigh of relief:
"Finally, we've found a location for new housing with very little resistance from the locals and stakeholders, with less barriers to build than almost any other location all over HK!"

But the govt. is busy preparing for the East Lantau Metropolis artificial island, planned to become bigger than all of Lamma Island, the 3rd runway, the bridge to the Mainland, MTR expansion, plus other massive construction projects, soaking up most of the experienced international consultant firms and construction industry resources, so the various Lamma projects, tiny in comparison, might get delayed by quite a few more years...

Attachments:
!DSC08323.jpg
!DSC08323.jpg [ 170.02 KiB | Viewed 3476 times ]
!DSC08321.jpg
!DSC08321.jpg [ 159.44 KiB | Viewed 3476 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:05 pm 

Ex-Lamma Quarry proposed development, latest update i could find.

http://www.info.gov.hk/tpb/en/papers/TPB/1054-tpb_9589.pdf

5,000 people, up to 13 floors, a little public housing, a complete New Town with all the facilities and shopping malls a complete small town needs.

See flyover 3D video and drawings higher up in this forum. Budgets not approved yet, no schedules known.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:43 pm 

1,900 flats in the ex-Lamma Quarry, basically doubling Lamma's population. From an official Govt. document, submitted by my Lo So Shing Correspondent. Translated:

Short mid term Land Supply:
11) Kai Tak Development Area 50,000 units
12) Anderson Quarry 9,410 units
13) Char Quo Ling Quarry 2,240 units
14) Lamma Quarry 1,900 units.

Looks like a done, approved deal, but no info on when it's going to start building? Anybody got more info?

Attachments:
Quarry-1900-flats-crop.jpg
Quarry-1900-flats-crop.jpg [ 89.57 KiB | Viewed 2468 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:05 am 

From CY Leung's Working Report from July 2016:

"Meanwhile, we also commenced a further study in June 2016 to explore making use of the private developers' capacity to expedite the development of ex-Lamma Quarry (about 1,900 flats), and examine the financial viability of the proposal."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:08 pm 

Open Day at the YMCA in the ex-Lamma Quarry on Mar 18/19. See you there?

Details...

Attachments:
YMCA-Open-Day-1703-wp.jpg
YMCA-Open-Day-1703-wp.jpg [ 255.1 KiB | Viewed 2355 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10