[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Police Corner
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Police Corner
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:23 pm 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Submitted by Lamma's police chief, TUNG Hei-man, Camas:
OC Lamma Island & Peng Chau - Cheung Chau Division

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a great summer break and are all now back safe and sound on Lamma. Mid-Autumn Festival, one of the largest festivals in Chinese culture, is around the corner. When you walk past the piers, you may have seen posters publicizing the mid-autumn carnival taken place at Yung Shue Wan Sport Ground between 7 pm and 10:30 pm on 19th September 2015.

Are you an expert on the police-related issues on Lamma? Come and take the challenge at the “Police Riddle Stall” designed by Lamma Police for the carnival. This year, we have prepared a lot of souvenirs for you, including collectible Marine Police postcards. Come and see how many riddles you can solve. Also, one of our officers has got talent in balloon twisting who will demonstrate it at the carnival. Lots of fun that you can’t miss, or take the chance to come and just say hello!
{L_ATTACHMENT}:
Police-Corner-150909-pic1-wp.jpg
Police-Corner-150909-pic1-wp.jpg [ 200.79 KiB | Viewed 12512 times ]

Back to the prevailing crime, if you have a cellular phone, you may have received a text message from HK Police appealing to stay alert from scam phone calls. The police have worked with telecommunication operators to issue anti-crime text messages to raise your awareness of phone scams. We will keep trying our best to stop you from becoming a victim of crime.

Please remain vigilant against suspicious callers asking for money or personal information.

As a general reminder, in order maintain appropriate confidentiality; remember not to post reports relating to cases, crimes, complaints or criminal intelligence in the blog here. You can always report by phone, email, fax or in person direct to Hong Kong Police Force. Remember, if you have any information relating to crime or offences taking place on Lamma or anywhere in HK, we want to hear from you.

All contact numbers are linked below:
http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/contact_us.html

Lamma Police Post Tel : 2982 1577 Lamma Police Post Fax : 2982 1824

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:46 pm 

Police Corner, Oct 2015, by our Police Chief, Ms. Camas TUNG Hei-man:

I like to introduce you a big milestone of the Hong Kong Police Force this time, which is……
{L_ATTACHMENT}:
Police-Corner-FB-1510.jpg
Police-Corner-FB-1510.jpg [ 126.92 KiB | Viewed 12598 times ]

YES, a Facebook page. The HK Police Force has launched an official Facebook page that you can get to know more on crime prevention, the latest news of the HK Police and other interesting police-related issues from the page. If the page or any of the posts is appealing to you, please give us a ‘Like” as support and encouragement.

We wish to reach out to different sectors of the community and provide a direct and interactive interface to communicate with you. We now have HKP Facebook page, HKP YouTube and HKP Mobile App.

However, please note that the Facebook page is only a communication platform, not for reporting of any crime or emergencies. If you need urgent assistance, please call ‘999’.

The HKP Facebook page can be accessed as linked below:

https://www.facebook.com/HongKongPoliceForce

Hope you would enjoy browsing our page!

Winter is around the corner and the weather is getting cold and windy. Please stay warm and take good care of your children and elders.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:20 pm 

Please have a look at our
Police Corner Survey

"Since August 2014 Lamma Police have regularly published a 'Police Corner' blog on Lamma.com.hk to bring you relevant crime prevention advice or police related news tailor-made for Lamma residents.

We would like to know what you think of the blog and whether you have any suggestions for improvements.

Please take a couple of minutes to fill in the below questionnaire and press the send button. You can either put your name on the form or sent it in anonymously. Either way we value your opinion and feedback."

Disclaimer:
Participation in this e-questionnaire is purely voluntary and for the purpose of collecting information for research purposes and to provide enhanced policing services. Responses will be kept confidential, secure and for a period of one month and will be destroyed thereafter. No personal information will be divulged to any other party.

View the Police Corner Survey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:24 am 

Police Corner Dec 2016.

Will this be the last one?

Please respond to our Police Corner Survey below to let the Police Chief and me know your opinions on how to improve it!
More local/specific, more/less information, more pictures, more/less frequent??

Farewell blog from our Lamma Police Chief, Ms. Camas Tung Hei Man:

"I heard many of you are concerning about the driving manner of the Village Vehicles in Lamma. The Village Vehicle has formed part of Lamma people's life as it is the only transportation mode on the island. With the vehicles' frequent passages through the Main Street and other crowded area, the driving manner may cause a concern to public safety.

We, the Police, do have the same concern as you do. While we would conduct enforcement at restricted zones during restricted hours, we also appeal for your assistance to report to us any inappropriate driving manner of the Village Vehicles. If you can recall the license plate of the vehicles and are willing to give statements to Police as a witness, your information would be forwarded to our Traffic branch for further investigation. The officers in our Traffic branch are well trained to investigate vehicle related complaints. Hope with our concerted effort, there would be no accident caused by the Village Vehicles.

Finally, it has come to the end of my tour as the officer-in-charge of Lamma Island. Yes, I have to say 'Goodbye' to all of you while I will be rotated to another post in Admiralty in late-Dec and I will move out of Lamma at the same time. I do enjoy being a Lamma person and I am sure I would often come back to Lamma for the lovely nature. It has been so memorable to work with you all to maintain Lamma a happy place.

My successor would introduce herself to you later. Already given you a hint that a female officer is taking charge of the island again. Now, let's recap some of the happy moments during my time in Lamma."

Have a look at the Police Corner Survey, please...

Attachments:
Police-Corner-151215-3.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-3.jpg [ 130.22 KiB | Viewed 12320 times ]
Police-Corner-151215-5.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-5.jpg [ 119.37 KiB | Viewed 12320 times ]
Police-Corner-151215-4.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-4.jpg [ 124.22 KiB | Viewed 12320 times ]
Police-Corner-151215-2.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-2.jpg [ 80.65 KiB | Viewed 12320 times ]
Police-Corner-151215-1.jpg
Police-Corner-151215-1.jpg [ 148.82 KiB | Viewed 12320 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:23 pm 

First Police Corner submitted to this website by our new Police Chief:

"What a wonderful place!!"
My impression when I first "landed" on Lamma Island on 16th December 2015.

Hi all! I'm Solid KWAN, Woman Senior Inspector of Police. I just assumed the post as the officer-in-charge of Lamma Island from my predecessor, Camas TUNG. I have been in the Police Force for over 25 years and have been posted in both crime units and uniformed branch. I was in Marine West Division before coming here.

Although I have been on the island as a "visitor" previously, I am still impressed by the environment and, more importantly, the nice people around. Some may already have a chit-chat with me and don't be surprised if you saw a "lady look" person running around in shorts, cos I'm a regular runner and love all kind of outdoor activities. It's my honour to be part of this community and would like to know all of you very soon.

Now, I would like to update you on a burglary that has recently taken place at a residential premises on Lamma with a number of items stolen. The culprit gained entry to the house by prising open a ground floor window. While police investigations are still ongoing, please do maintain your alertness on security measures for household safety. It's the nature of burglars to take the easy way. Thus please secure your home, including locking up your windows, doors, balcony, setting your alarm system, turning on your CCTV, etc. before you leave home.

Let's work together to keep Lamma a secure living place! If you see anything suspicious or have any information, please either call the 999 Emergency number or make a direct call to the Lamma Police Post on 3661 1714.

Happy New Year to you all!!

Attachments:
Police-Corner-1512-Solid-Kwan.jpg
Police-Corner-1512-Solid-Kwan.jpg [ 87.81 KiB | Viewed 12036 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:06 am 

Lamma Police Corner Survey is still running!

Quite some good feedback so far, but our new Police Chief would like some more before writing the next Lamma Police Corner, exclusively for the Lamma-zine:

http://www.compunicate.com/Lamma-zine/includes_news.html#Dec12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:38 pm 

2nd Lamma Police Corner by our new Lamma Police Chief, Ms. Solid KWAN:

"My first community event here it is!!  A crime prevention talk including Anti-telephone deception, Anti-firework and Anti-burglary was organized this morning at the Rural Committee Centre and completed smoothly.

Smart tips were given by our Regional crime prevention officer who has delivered an informative seminar in a lively and vivid way which was well-received by the audience, mainly local elderly.

Don't worry, non-Chinese speakers won't be left out!  I'm trying to get some material in English and hopefully would have one very soon.

Be a smart Lamma resident and don't fall in any trap!!"

Attachments:
Police-Corner-160116-1-rev.jpg
Police-Corner-160116-1-rev.jpg [ 152.79 KiB | Viewed 12223 times ]
!20151230_165905.jpg
!20151230_165905.jpg [ 153.24 KiB | Viewed 12223 times ]
Police-Corner-160116-2-rev.jpg
Police-Corner-160116-2-rev.jpg [ 116.47 KiB | Viewed 12223 times ]
Police-Corner-160116-3-rev.jpg
Police-Corner-160116-3-rev.jpg [ 134.27 KiB | Viewed 12223 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 pm 

Hi all, I'm reluctant but have to alert you that there was another burglary reported this afternoon. The culprit(s) gained entry by prized open a window on G/F. Lucky nobody at home when the case occurred. So please note your neighborhood who is not around recently / often to see whether their home may become next temptation to the culprit. Take good care and stay safe please.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:48 pm 

Farewell plaque for our last Police Chief who left us last month, Ms. Camas TUNG Hei-man, after just 1.5 years:

I liked the automatic Google translations of two of the Chin. farewells:

"To Senior Inspector (Lamma representation) who continuously ran errands (understanding of the village)
~~~ Superachiever ~ residents appreciate ~~~"

"Her performance and input is good work, the star of tomorrow."

Attachments:
Camas-Tung-farewell-plaque-b.jpg
Camas-Tung-farewell-plaque-b.jpg [ 60.83 KiB | Viewed 12096 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:13 pm 

Two simple questions for the new police chief, which have, so far, gone unanswered:

What is the legal situation for village vehicles carrying passengers? Are pedestrians covered by third party insurance?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 am 

Dear all Lammaites,

I am so delighted to be part of the Lamma community for 1.5 years when was one of the happiest periods in my life.

So nice to be friends of you all and I will definitely come back for the nice people and environment in the future. :thumb-up:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:23 am 

They're collecting signatures outside the North Lamma Rural Committee building right now, till 1pm. Looks like a DAB event?

Attachments:
Support-Police-160213-crop-b.jpg
Support-Police-160213-crop-b.jpg [ 74.2 KiB | Viewed 11929 times ]
Support-Police-160213-2.jpg
Support-Police-160213-2.jpg [ 155.65 KiB | Viewed 11929 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:58 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

"Crack down on rioters"
"Say no to violence"

Anyone else seeing a contradiction there?

For the last almost 20 years the government has failed to listen to Hong Kong people. We're not allowed to vote for anything that matters. It ignores the reasons for peaceful protests and tries to demonise anyone who disagrees with it as unpatriotic, criminals, "foreign influenced" etc.

The entirely predictable reaction to the blank wall that the government presents to the people of Hong Kong is cynicism and frustration, and increasingly violent protests by those who feel nothing less has an impact, futile as they may be.

Or for those with the means, leaving the territory before it turns into a police state in 2047 -- or next year if things deteriorate further.

As for the police, they are losing the trust and respect of the public as they are used for political ends, are seen to beat up demonstrators with impunity, as the ICAC chief is proven to be corrupt.

A fish rots from the head, and that's what's happening to Hong Kong as CY appoints more of his stooges like Arthur Li to power, and they clumsily try to "crack down" on dissent.

You'd almost think they wanted Hong Kong to fall apart so the PLA would have an excuse to roll in. But it's more likely simple arrogance and inability to listen to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:00 pm 

New police banners appearing all over Lamma these days:

Solid Kwan, the Lamma Police Chief and our Police Corner contributor/guest blogger created the idea and let one of her boys to draw it. Then she WhatsApped them to me.
A new style of policing certainly on Lamma, less paper-based, and certainly most welcome!

I've also been asked in my "capacity of website master" to appreciate the efforts of the "boy". Much appreciated!

Attachments:
Solid-we-are-family-wp.jpg
Solid-we-are-family-wp.jpg [ 67.27 KiB | Viewed 11948 times ]
Solid-Beware-of-Deception-wp.jpg
Solid-Beware-of-Deception-wp.jpg [ 69.77 KiB | Viewed 11948 times ]
Solid-Do-not-overspeed-wp.jpg
Solid-Do-not-overspeed-wp.jpg [ 61.61 KiB | Viewed 11948 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:23 pm 

English Anti Burglary Seminar:

Attachments:
Burglary-Prevention-160423-b.jpg
Burglary-Prevention-160423-b.jpg [ 86.15 KiB | Viewed 12077 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:07 pm 

Lamma-zine story on attending this seminar last Sat, see our home page, Apr 23:

Attachments:
Protect-Your-Home.jpg
Protect-Your-Home.jpg [ 424.56 KiB | Viewed 12003 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:27 pm 

New Police Corner by Lamma's new police chief, Rachel Leung:

"Hi all,

I am Rachel LEUNG, Woman Senior Inspector of Police. I recently assumed the post as the officer-in-charge of Lamma Island from my predecessor, Solid KWAN.

I have been serving in the Police Force for nearly 30 years and have been working in a variety of posts, including uniformed branches and crime units. Before posting to Lamma Island, I was attached to Marine Harbour Divison at Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong.

I like outdoor activities, in particular hiking, and Lamma Island is one of the places I've frequently visited, enjoying the beautiful scenery, nice people and also the delicious food. It's a pleasure to work in Lamma and being part of this community. Looking forward to know you all very soon!

Let's work together to keep Lamma a wonderful place to live. If you find anything suspicious or have any information to provide, please dial 999 or call the Lamma Police Post on 3661 1714."

Attachments:
Rachel-Leung-self-into-b.jpg
Rachel-Leung-self-into-b.jpg [ 122.24 KiB | Viewed 12050 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:25 am 

Submitted by Rachel Leung, Lamma's Police Chief (reporting to Cheung Chau HQ):

An "The Islands for Anti-Drugs Carnival 2016" will be held at Nam She Tong Sports Centre, Cheung Chau.
Details are as below:

Date: 2016-08-20 (Saturday)

Duration: 1 - 4pm (Opening Ceremony: 2pm)

Performances include: HK Police Band, Police Dog Unit, Magic Show, Traditional Chinese Vaudeville, Senior Police Call.

No English used @ this Carnival, except by the police officers who need to have basic English communication skills.

This Chin.-only poster will also go up all over Lamma. This public Sports Centre is just a 5-minute walk from the ferry pier along the harbour promenade filled with bikes parked almost EVERYWHERE.
You can ask me for map info and instructions if you plan to attend:

Attachments:
Police-Carnival-Cheung-Chau-160820.jpg
Police-Carnival-Cheung-Chau-160820.jpg [ 157.94 KiB | Viewed 12006 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:14 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:24 pm 

That is actually a great idea!
Let me ask our police about this possibility, they might be eager to get a few more people to this high-profile event.
Police dogs, shows and children singing might attract a few Lammaites...