[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE OF THE LAMMA PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:36 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

{L_ATTACHMENT}:
LPR.PNG
LPR.PNG [ 89.81 KiB | Viewed 2107 times ]

We, the free Russian-speaking majority of Lamma, guided by the results of the people's referendum held yesterday night somewhere on Mount Stenhouse, hereby declare the establishment of the independent and sovereign LAMMA PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC with the ultimate goal of reunification of Lamma with its historical motherland, Russia.

After all, don't we all here love drinking? And Man Kee serves borscht, too.

The capital of the Lamma People's Republic shall be Lo Tik Wan (due to good communications equipment enabling us to contact the Motherland directly), and Miss Yu from the Ministry of Concrete of the LPR will soon announce plans for the conveniently located Hung Shing Yeh International Airport with direct flights to our homeland.

Meanwhile, our budget will mainly derive revenue from selling energy to our rich neigbours. The official language and the medium of indoctrination shall be Simplified Russian.

Any comments or suggestions are not welcome. Thanks and enjoy!

Attachments:
lpr.jpg
lpr.jpg [ 26.94 KiB | Viewed 2107 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:39 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Hahahaha! This is fantastic and so well-written! Instant home page material and up for discussion on Facebook!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:32 pm 

Lamma-zine, May 21.

Thank you very much, Anton! An unsolicited but very timely and very funny guest blog, my favourite kind!
More, more!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:34 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

This is NOT a comment or suggestion!

Our regional people's commander Vlardimirichovikov, freely elected among all candidate(s) with no wasted Kalashnikov ammunition and in the name of the schizophrenic eagle, has unanimously decreed that this manifest from this glorious day forward be correctly titled: DЗКLAЯATIOИ ФF IИDEPЗNDEИCЗ ФF ГHE LДMMA PEФPL3'S ЯЗPЦЬLIК

Ura! Ura! Ура!

Note to remaining non-Russian residents: You are strongly adviced to stay indoors and wait for the imminent visit by our emigration officials, widely recognized by their jovial demeanor, stylish black balaclavas and other tools of the trade.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:32 pm 
Discussions Forum Moderator

Excuse me tovarich, but the correct name I think is "Ламма", if we go phonetically.

I'm looking forward to some Russian weather.
I would rather permafrost than permafungus.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:12 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

We will correct past mistakes in future purges.

Besides, all forms of media, not to mention our soon to be published revised annals of Ламма history, will be required to adopt our time-tested and pragmatic phoneystic approach.

And tovarich Alanov, you clearly have a perm already! Having too many russian perms in these longitudes might upset our dear friend the Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Il.

What comes to our great nation, permanently frosty foreign relations will have to suffice here in our little slavic enclave as a reminder of MФthзr ЯФssija.

Ура!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:15 am 

A rivaling, prior claim of setting up a Lamma Republic has been made, so this is hotly contested right now!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:08 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

When reading this attempt at satire, I had to remind myself that I was living in a special administrative region of the Peoples Republic of China and not in the Colony of Gibraltar. I do not accept the current narrative from the western press that this is all a Russian plot. The deposed Ukrainian President was undoubtably corrupt, but so was his predecessor. The way he was ousted was akin to the way in which Hitler removed his enemies from the Reichstag in his early days (the only difference being that Hitler was actually elected). The new government then promptly removes the Russian language (spoken in half the country) as an official language. It is no wonder that the Russian speaking areas want to secede. Of course Putin supports his ethic brothers, his electorate would expect him to. He is not the one who has announced military exercises along the border. That would be the Americans in Poland and Lithuania.

Oh, and the fake levity is an insult to our Russian neighbors who live here.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:29 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Pгдvdд newsflash: Comrade Igor Shapogungsky has been appointed as the People's Commissar of Foreign Diplomacy and Propaganda after securing 127% of the popular vote in the recent fair and transparent elections in the Lamma Oblast. The result yet again confirms Lamma people's yearning to rejoin the Russian Motherland.

He brings into this position years of experience in correcting the uninformed, morally corrupt, wicked and flippantly levitious masses and enemy agitators through his indomitable stuggle to proselytize pure and most absolutely correct view of history, his wonderful sense of humour and a healthy appreciation for fine russian vodka.

As a token of people's appreciation for his selfless work to promote truth, justice and other uniquely Russian values, Comrade Shapogungsky will be given the modest number of 10,000,000,000 shares in the republic's power utility, a wing in the exclusive Lammarinov seaside resort on Stalin Avenue and a heavily armed honour guard of 12 militant heros.

Ура!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:00 am 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

I was expecting to be flamed by the usual suspects but at least that was a funny response from the lover of all things Maoist, Pitt the Younger.

What Pit is doing though is called 'projection'. It's a technique used by politicians and narcissists to blame others for behaviour which they exhibit themselves.

The problem with western politics is that the debate is often controlled by the Media and the latter use their power to destroy anyone who does not fit within a very narrow range of ideas. The result is that elections have become no more than beauty contests. Why do they do this? Mostly due to ownership and sponsorship conflicts of interest. You cannot bite the hand that feeds you. So Pit, if you want a revolution, start at home.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:58 am 

Dear Comrade Igor Shapogungsky, newly appointed People's Commissar of Foreign Diplomacy and Propaganda,

I considered it magnificently magnanimous for Pit the Projector to offer you "10,000,000,000 shares in the republic's power utility"!
You mean you can't be corrupted by such an incredibly and cannily generous offer? Are you one of this morally upright, incorruptible specimens that we hear about in movies and books but hardly ever meet in person?

Pit projected high praise on your "years of experience in correcting the uninformed, morally corrupt, wicked and flippantly levitious masses and enemy agitators through his indomitable struggle to proselytize pure and most absolutely correct view of history, wonderful sense of humour and a healthy appreciation for fine Russian vodka."

What higher praise could be projected onto any self-respecting, humble but well-deserving Lammaite!

I suggest you two get together in one of our numerous bars and engage in a vodka shots drinking contest, making the bar rich and you two best buddies!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:36 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:47 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

LG I appreciate your desire to keep it light, but the thinly disguised commentary on the situation in the Ukraine is hardly a laughing matter and my attempt to offer a different opinion does not make me a Stalinist (despite my Avatar).

I doubt whether Pit could stay the pace with me on Vodka shots. I have drank many a party cadre under the table. Any way in the local establishments there's nowhere to throw the glasses.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:01 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:55 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

Alan

Yea, the usual suspect. Just because it's dressed up as a joke doesn't make it a joke. It's certainly not a joke to millions of people in the Ukraine. Why should I start my own thread? I'm responding to a published comment. You don't have to agree with me, but telling me not to post here is a little Stalinist, don't you think?

Last edited by shapogung on Mon May 26, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:59 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

Alan

P.s. you couldn't resist turning on your search lights, could you?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:05 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:27 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

Keep it civil Alan. Remember you're the moderator.

The term Stalinist in this context refers to the suppression of dissent.

Re the searchlight reference, aren't you the one who posted the video? What did you mean?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:37 pm 
over 400 messages posted
over 400 messages posted

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:38 pm