[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - LAP Papering Lamma
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: LAP Papering Lamma
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:27 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Will the LAP people (who we all know do a good job) please stop trying to wallpaper the whole of the Island? We know you have dogs and cats to give away (and there are too many of them on the island, I know, they keep chasing my ass), but please, enough with the posters?

Post subject: Posters
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:13 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Thank you for your positive and appreciative comment about LAP's work on Lamma. We are making a difference for dogs cats and people. However, we are in a dilemma about "wallpapering the island" with posters. It costs a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of effort to make and put up these posters. But how else can LAP publicize the abandoned puppies, kittens, cats and dogs who need to find responsible homes and illustrate the suffering caused by over-population?
LAP's publicity also raises awareness of the benefits of spay and neuter to stop the endless generations of unwanted abandoned litters, year after year.
Today we have 25 animals looking for homes and in the past we have had more than 50 at one time. The posters are making a difference ... if you have noticed them others will have too.
LAP's aim is to reach the point where we don't have to put up any posters because there are no more unwanted litters. But until then, if anyone can suggest any other effective ways of highlighting the issues please do let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:11 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

The posters give a pathetically sad image and do sod all except environmental damage. I'm sure one poster in each bar or restaurant would suffice (if the owners agree) plus at the clinic, and 1000s in the bookworm cafe for people to pick up. The 'notice wall' looks a complete mess due to LAP multiple spamming. Stop it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:30 am 

The posters give a pathetically sad image because the situation is pathetically sad. If people would only wake up and realise their responsibilities to their animals, there wouldn't be the need to put up posters.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion that they do "sod all" either. I think it's important to keep people aware of what is happening and is the only way to advertise services like the Spaybus and the need for foster parents. Out of site is out of mind, and I would much rather look at the photos of the animals available for adoption then to know what Anastasia's is cooking for dinner each night. Posters are an unfortunate fact of life on Lamma and I don't think it's fair to single out LAP for doing all they can to highlight an unpleasant situation in the best way available for them to reach as many people as possible.

Having said that, I do agree that all the posters from everyone (my pet hate are the ones from Anastasia's as you may have guessed - so each to their own!) are becoming an eyesore, but if we want to stop it, we need to have designated areas for people to advertise their services and to enforce the fines for people who don't follow these rules. Not bloody likely when I don't think anyone has even been fined yet for letting their dogs crap all over the pavements, which is much more annoying!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:32 am 
Site Admin, Webmaster, Lamma-zine Editor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:00 pm 

A note of admiration for the Mass Wallpapering Operation of LAP (MWO-LAP): :bow:

These are the true professionals in the outdoor-advertising game! Their troops sneak out under the cover of night with stacks of huge, color-photocopied, desktop-published, waterproof posters, big paint brushes and heavy-duty glue pots. 8)

They're well-equipped and eager to wallpaper every available surface on a weekly basis. A great cause like theirs is a powerful motivator! :radiant:

Amateurs like myself cannot even hope to compete with these professionals! My few, infrequent, small, inkjet-printed flyers promoting Lamma.com.hk or our Photo Contest become invisible and ignored in this sea of very cute puppies and urgent appeals... :iloveu:

That's why I would hope to team up with them, adding my own ads to their professional MWO-LAP organisation. If you can't beat them, join them!

They should make this into a nice little money-earner for LAP, putting up posters for anybody for a contribution!
:lol:

Post subject: Glue...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:28 pm 

I have just been informed by a LAP Spokeswoman that:
"Actually, the posters are not waterproof, we just put glue over the posters and the glue will form a protective layer."

Indeed, these are the professionals! :bow: :bow: :bow:

How much does MWO-LAP charge for professionally wallpapering 10 of my own posters? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:18 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:42 am 

Good try john, but I'm not sure my 7 posts could be considered "prolific", especially when compared to Lamma-Gungs amazing 653... :D

Post subject: 654!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:04 pm 

654!

Post subject: 655!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:05 pm 

655!

etc...
(just trying to be truly prolific...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:28 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:44 pm 

Well, I agree with the Hairy Ass above, I'm just a sad & pathetic loser with no life... Sob, sob, sob!

But posting 3 messages per day on average (I joined this board half a year ago when it started) doesn't take more than a few minutes of my working day.

Maybe I've got a "real life" already and a small part of it is posting messages on My Lamma, contributing a little bit to the Lamma community by answering questions, supporting local businesses and good causes and giving advice to new arrivals...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:54 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted