[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Lamma Forums • View topic - Deadly Poison is all over Lamma
Lamma.com.hk

LAMMA-ZINE - CLASSIFIEDS - EVENTS - GALLERIES - LINKS - Subscribe - Donate - Advertise - Contact Us - Facebook

WHAT'S NEW? Bike Clearance ~ Lamma Island bolt-hole ~ Beautiful island ~ Lamma Guide
  WHAT'S ON?    Quiz Night ~ Art Breakfast ~ Game Night ~ Summer Camp ~ MTB Enduro Race
  LAMMA-ZINE:  Free Dining Coupons ~ Andy's Seafood ~ Wildlife Contest ~ Lamma Life 

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:27 pm 
Over 1,000 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:30 pm 

I'm sorry, I know this is very much away from the point of the thread (which is the poisonings) but I'd like to add it anyway.

The reason why I would be extremely disturbed if someone's dog licked my child's face is because of the dog's teeth and the possibilty of the dog biting my child's face. It's more the teeth than the saliva. It happens, dogs can bite people. The amount of germs in the saliva would not be the upsetting thing. Maybe I'm over protective but I can't imagine that I'd ever be relaxed enough with dogs to feel comfortable about one licking my child's face. I really can't blame Legless for freaking out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:13 pm 
Young Barfly

The person and dog licking incident that Wedderburn referred wasn't me someone else entirely.

My incident was only a couple of months ago and involved a skittish mongrel running around like a headless chicken and jumping up. I actually didn't say anything at the time but remember noting that wasn't a great example from the lamma dog lord of dog control.

He just presumed that LL was referring to his Great Dane incident. He seems to have shot himself in the foot because I think most people's sympathy will be to little girl and the father and just shown he is not considerate dog owner. Slagging of the poor father for being upset. If it had been me would be outraged about the dog licking my kids face, who would know if it licked or snapped anyway. That is the big fright.

PS Norseman the term specieist was taken from the vegan site. I liked the sound of it and so used it. If it isn't a word yet it may be in a few years, so please spell it correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:33 pm 
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted

But the dog didn't bite the fucking kid- it licked it! If the dog bit the kid it should be put down post haste in my opinion. But as you said, this was about poisoning and we have meandered off. I'm done. Insomniac, you really are a dick, did I say i could autofellate or something? No, I was referring to many of the kids you see running around.

PS Leggles, don't get me started on your spelling or grammar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:40 pm 
Young Barfly

Norseman you are clearly not a parent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:51 pm 
Young Barfly

Now I won’t mention names but the witchhunt and trouble I was talking about has already started. Apparently there were some totally unfounded accusations made by some of the organisers of this madcap scheme. Some Chinese guy was falsely accused luckily he had a very reliable alibi. Now that is why I think this reward thing can only lead to trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:57 pm 

Legless, people do have different styles of parenting you know, and not all of them are nervous of dogs or afraid for their child to touch an animal. Looking after an animal can teach children many important lessons on how to be compassionate and responsible for something that is totally dependant on them for their welfare. I'd hate for my child to be brought up like a lot of the Chinese kids (and adults) you see who are absolutely terrified of dogs the size of rats and practically faint when they see one any bigger. Why don't you ask the little girl you see in the photo with her dog who was poisoned how she felt about her dog licking her face?

I do understand and agree with part of this argument in that I would never my child get too close to an animal that we didn't know. However, I do think it's important to not only train your animals properly and to keep them under control in public, but also to teach your children to have a healthy respect for animals (and this is not the same as fear) and how to approach them in a sensitive and non-aggressive way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:04 pm 
over 200 messages posted
over 200 messages posted

I feel sorry for the guy who was falsely accused of poisoning, and I don't know how close to the source you are, but were they totally unfounded? Do you not have to 'bring a suspect in' to find out if he has an alibi. This is how the police (should) operate. I think it is a good thing that feathers are being ruffled as it will reduce the chances of more dogs being poisoned and, possibly, a child or adult too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:12 pm 
Young Barfly

My son is very easy round dogs possibly too much so. I don't stop him or cause him to be afraid of dogs, but I watch particular animals. One owner with quite a pack was amazed how totally unfazed by them he was when they came bounding out of her garden and running around him, he just found it funny. I knew there was no danger cause I knew what those dogs were about.

If I lived in the UK or other place with a big garden and decent countryside I would consider getting one but not in a 700 square foot flat. Ticks are a real nightmare here with the hot weather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:19 pm 
Young Barfly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:41 pm 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:45 pm 
Over 900 messages posted
Over 900 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:48 pm 
Young Barfly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:52 pm 
Over 900 messages posted
Over 900 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:07 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:20 am 
Chin. Forum Co-Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:34 am 
over 100 messages posted
over 100 messages posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:02 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:45 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:02 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next